All Topics / General Property / Regional/Country property predictions

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

RE Agents will find you anything you’re looking for. Why wouldn’t they want vendors on tap? Their jobb is to sell a house quickly and at the best possible price, but if they can sell it on day 1, they still get full commission. They don’t want a seller hassling them because their place isn’t sold.

They are SO easy to form a r’ship with!

kay henry

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

but just remember a real estate is not working for you, and I dont beleive they are working for the seller either….just themselves, a bit like lawyers….lol

sorry no offence anyone.
    Bottom line is they want to get paid, they will get paid because if they over price it, they will usually suck you in, then tell you the market had died and that maybe lowering your price is the way to go.

Sorry my experience….also if the marekt is hot, they dont care who they sell to.

Elves

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Hi Christine1. Welcome.There are a lot of +cf properties out there but a lot are in bad areas .When you find an area that you would like to invest in then start loking at different things you can do to make the property more attractive as a investment.If the figures are a bit out ,think what can I do to attract more rent here.I.E add an extra bedroom,put up a carport.maybe just a lick of paint.Get creative and always ask yourself questions.Once you start asking yourself questions you start getting answers Good luck.Russ.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

Profile photo of honeyblondehoneyblonde
    @honeyblonde

Governments and businesses are focussing on decentralising and moving industries to country areas as they do in most parts of Europe.Call centres is one industry. A large one moved into Nowra on the south coast of NSW, and as mentined in this forum there may be a prison going into central NSW, Wellington.

Lots of +cf props NSW Country. Hard work is done. Nick 0414 274 495

Profile photo of PEACHYPEACHY
    @peachy

Hi all,

I am new into this like Chris! Just wanted to say that all the replies and info that you guys give are very interesting and helpful (of course I take it all with a grain of salt and don’t intend to limit my research to just one area…advice already received from this site!!).

I also wanted to ask who has bought the “Buyer Beware” pack? Is it worth the money? I found Steve’s book incredibly interesting, however as I delve more and more into researching the topic I realise that at every turn there is a new book or video or something to buy. If it is genuinely worthy of a read I will purchase it, otherwise I figure the money could go towards my first property!

All buying research material and no purchasing real estate is not going to make money…if you know what I mean?!!

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Knowledge is a powerful thing.
    Its something you can never have enough of.
    Using other peoples knowledge can fast track you on your chosen journey.
    A couple of $$$ invested in knowledge will reap a handsome reward.
    Russ. Maybe I should change that to SAGE.

So many +CF properties in Western Australia.Let me help you. And we can achieve a win win situation.Russ.0438 659 411

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

peach, Good on you for deciding to chanel money and effort into investing. Action is good.
    My personal opinion (and i have been wrong before), money spent on increasing your knowledge can possibly increase your earning potential by unlimited millions. And could save you losing the lot.
    I’m preaching again, it’s this damn soap box i stand on instead of a computer chair. You did bait me with ya last post though. gobble [biggrin]gobble.

lifexperience

Profile photo of holdencommodoreholdencommodore
    @holdencommodore

Back to the topic (again), any predictions for Country Victoria?

(“,) $$$ HoLdEnCoMmOdOrE $$$ (“,)

Profile photo of Tasman PropertyTasman Property
    Participant
    @tasman-property

I’m originally from Tassie and my experience there was the doubling of prices based mostly on yields compared to Sydney/Melbourne. All the investors in Sydney etc were saying ‘I get 2-3% yield on my IP here, I can get 6% in Tassie’ (that’s after the prices went up, initially we were getting 11-15% and it was all +CF!)

At that stage everyone was afraid that prices had already gone from say $50K to $70K and it was too late. BUT my property I bought for $53K sold for $106K as the boom continued.

The same is now happening in NZ. You can still get the 11%+ yields here, but there are more and more Aussies and Americans buying here and driving the yields down. I’m happy to buy something that’s +CF here today, fully expecting it to go up in value as yields fall. NZ is just behind Australia, that’s all.

eg. $50K property at $120pw = 12.5% yield
    at 7% yield, $120pw means a price = $89,000.

Maybe prices wont double here in the next 12 months, maybe they will? But if its +CF already, and potential to go up… that’s why I moved here.

John [biggrin]

(I believe that later this year there will be no +CF deals left in NZ. If you’d like Steve’s MAP protege living in NZ to leverage your time and find the deals to build your portfolio quickly, just ask me!)

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

holden,

Why don’t you check out the new edition of property investor magazine. It has pages and pages of info about predictions of places- including victoria. Be aware though, that victoria’s map of CG is mostly yellow, meaning not much CG, and qld’s is red, meaning more than 25% CP. You might wanna look a bit further afield than vic.

Check out that mag- it will give you the answers you’re looking for- well, it’s a start anyway. You cxan ask the question a million times over, but you have to do your own research too.

kay henry
    kay henry

Profile photo of SiboSibo
    Participant
    @sibo

Hey John,
    What part of NZ are you living in?

Regards,
    Si

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Holdencommodore

To the topic “country property predictions”

i will share the way i see the market. After actively buying in victoria from 1997 till 2003, i think i know the market a bit.
    i expect that the market will go flat for a while areas in vicotia have had incredible growth in prices, perhaps playing some catch up to Melbourne afer years of going sidewards and in fact backwards due to some policies that the Kennet government bought in. In particular i’m talking about selling off the state housing system which killed the bottom end of the market (or should i say presented a fantastic buying opportunity for some of us). Areas like the Latrobe Valley we destroyed as the power industry down sized and over 800 state houses were sold. Back in the late 1990’s astute buyers were paying 25-30k for properties in morwell and Moe today they sell for 100K.

So where does the market go from here
    I think that areas like Ballarat and Gellong will continue to rise slowly over the medium term as these areas are becoming/remaining centre where people are happy to live and commute to work in the city.

I think that the Murray area will also rise slightly as retirees continue to move for the lifestyle.

Areas like the Latrobe Valley, areas in the west of the state such as horsham stawell and Ararat will remain steady after great growth over the past 2 years.

i relly don’t think the market will drop in regional areas, but i also don’t expect them to rise much either. That is why i’ve sold more than 10 properties in the past 6 months and shifted my emphasis to a market that is still rising. i love cash positive and thats all i buy but why not go for capital growth also. Remember if you control 2 million of property that is making $50,000 pa profit which appreciates by only 5% you make another $100,000 in equity.
    Personally i’d like to make a lot more that 5% Growth.
    regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of fjficmfjficm
    @fjficm

as usual westan, my sentiments exactly
    im not as astute as you but i have similar opinions about what you are saying
    im not in a positon to travel and i like to be close to my properties for the psychological security
    therefore im happy with 6-8%yields in areas which i think has potential CG in the next 5-10 years
    alternatively i can think outside the box and invest elsewhere but i would not be able to put in the due diligence required due to my busy job(which i like)
    im only 3 with 4 properties overall CF +ve and i can see myself working for another 20+ years
    i wouldn’t know what to do with myself otherwise and i can’t see myself just doing RE stuff only although its great
    So anyway Westan, i’ve spoken to you a few times and thx for replies.
    Any suggestions that you think might help me would be greatly appreciated
    Perhaps one day i will get to meet you in NZ

Cheers

Profile photo of aluminatialuminati
    Participant
    @aluminati

Did not read all the posts but did anyone mention Bendigo. Have been watching for some time and it looks very attractive. Some areas in and around the city are x comm areas and are starting to come out of their shells. It has it’s own economy so there is no reason to get stuck on the whole travel time to melb thing.
    Me I have bought 36 acres in axedale, 16km east of Bendigo zoned rural rsidential. close to bendigo close to lake eppalock. its a gamble for the future.
    aluminati

Profile photo of holdencommodoreholdencommodore
    @holdencommodore

Westan, thanx very much for the comments… very helpful to have such a detailed opinion available!

(“,) $$$ HoLdEnCoMmOdOrE $$$ (“,)

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Latest news from nZ says Rural/regional outperformed cities. Why? Still undervalued compared to cities.

Australia?
    No such thing as an undervalued property in Aus i don’t think. Yet. But keep your eyes peeled… As Aus is (at the moment) one of the most overvalued RE countries in the world. Hence all the gov’t mad tax schemes to penalise investors a bit more, interest rates rising, the media, the fear stories, they WANT the heat to go out of the market (read: prices to fall) so the poor little battlers can afford to buy homes again. Bad news for investors, in other words.

“My original question was something along the lines of what do you all think of growth & prospects for country towns? “

population of the world is growing, and population of Australia is growing, so long term, in general, yes, growth. Specifically? depends on the town, what it’s close to, what goes on there, what’s planned, etc. What it exists for. What’s happened in the past. What they are doing in the future.

cheers-
    mini

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

Remember that global population growth will platue out at 20 billion!

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….”

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.