All Topics / General Property / “domino theory”

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

sis! It would be great to see you again tomorrow! I know you’ll forgive me for grilling you on here :o) Buy you also know I have to understand things, and so I ask questions. If things don’t seem possible to me, then I have to work out how it could be possible- otherwise confusion gets to me, and I look like this: [wacko] whereas I would rather look like this: [hmm] hehe

kay henry

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

SIS,

Considering you’re saying this domino thingy is so high risk, what have you done, or what you do, to cover your arse if the house of cards collapsed?

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Kay,

not sure if i can truly make it there yet tomorrow, but… you know my reasons being…

… but definetly, for sure would love to catch up again…

Hi Richmond,

theres not much i can do, but there are few things available, like refinances, still having access to my working pay, credit cards and relying on the performance of other property investments, and trading some assets, but also most of it is based on lots of thorough research and plenty of IRR’s and yeild caculations returns and the biggest is probably timing the market, which is hard, because this can be anyones guess…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

pisces,
    >
    > “Domino theory ? Or should that be called the ‘Sheep follow the leader theory’ > ?
    >
    > “Buy a +ve cashflow property, write about it by saying what a wonderful buy it
    > was, others will follow suit and in the process drive up the prices as more and more start looking in that area.”

Are you insinuating that +ve gearers are just tricky Neg gearers in disguise!!!!!

It is estimated that only 10 percent of all properties sold in Aus are going to be positively geared.

The sheep are the 90 percent negatively gearing .

In Australia only 0.05 percent of property investors own 3 or more investment properties. Maybe more would like to, but they maxed out?

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

[baaa]

kay henry

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Mini,

I’d like to see some updated stats on that figure, because I have a feeling it’d be outdated these days…

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

It all sounds like very high risk to me.leave the risk taking to the youngsters.if he wins great .if he loses it dont matter as he has time to start again.Thats why we mellow with age.We dont take so many risks as we get older some call it wisdom.You never meet a young sage my friends.Remember if you want to win in real estate then put the odds in your favour before you start or dont play the game.[biggrin]

So many +CF properties out there.Let me help you and achieve a win win situation.Russ.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

richmond, yeah there would be, because the number of people renting is growing each year.

Profile photo of KmelloyKmelloy
    @kmelloy

SIS,
    Can you refinance based on cash flow of a property? Sounds like very high risk.
    Kmelloy

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Kmelloy,

i think your thinking more on the lines of margin lending… but personally i think margin lending is low risk…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

Hi SIS ,
    Seems to me your talking about putting multiple offers on properties and if accepted trying to flip them before they settle, risk being haveing to obtain finances for in some cases more than one property if not onsold before settlement?
    Just a stab in the dark [baaa]

If you want the rainbow youve got to put up with the rain!

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

SIS,
    So if one in the forum guess it right, are you going to tell what’s ‘Domino Effect’?

I am very interesting to know the response from other regarding the ‘Domino Effect’ theory!…LoL

If the ‘Domino Effect’ theory is out, can everyone promise not to argue about it?…LoL

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of holdencommodoreholdencommodore
    @holdencommodore

SIS,
    Obviously the investing community here would Love to hear about the ‘Domino Effect’ as this topic is getting pretty large now. I understand that a lot of investors think they have discovered a ‘secret’ to their game, and fair enough that they wish to keep that to themselves. However, (note, Im probably way off the mark here, so dont be offended!) why wouldnt you give even just a basic summary to the community, as (from what I can gather) it sounds like the domino effect may potentially be very costly/devastating for some people should they be unlucky/not prepared enough to get hit by the domino effect (whatever it actually is!)
    How ’bout helping everyone who has posted by just letting us have a basic summary, only as a warning, not a comprehensive study, of what the domino effect is, and how it is created to begin with.
    Cheers.

(“,) $$$ HoLdEnCoMmOdOrE $$$ (“,)

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

DOes the domino theory have a lot to do with the ‘offset gearing’ strategy that you use, sis?

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

my interpretation

The domino theory: much ado about nothing

comone guys and gals, look at the thread…someone blow the blooming thing over will ya! get the kids to knock off a few dominoes and let it all fall over.

hmmn domino….remove one and it doesnt work!
    hit one and they all fall down one by one.

Margin lending low risk eh? I would disagree. I use margin lending for my share portfolio and I think thats more nerve racking than buying property

The only thing constant is change

The only difference between a weed and a flower is a judgement

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Celivia:

DOes the domino theory have a lot to do with the ‘offset gearing’ strategy that you use, sis?

I am not SIS, but the answer is no! Unless SIS interpreted it another way.

Originally posted by elves:

hmmn domino….remove one and it doesnt work!
    hit one and they all fall down one by one.

Elves,
    If you put the sentence otherway around then you are very close to the ‘Domino Effect’ theory.
    Kind regards

Chan Dollars

@elves

yeah its called reverse psychology

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by elves:

yeah its called reverse psychology

I couldn’t agreed more…LoL

Clue for Domino Effect’s theory:
    [argue]

Kind regards

Chan Dollars

@elves

cute chan

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.