All Topics / General Property / “domino theory”

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

So sis

What do you want from us to tell us what you define as the domino theory?

I did some searching on yahoo while listening to the footy last night.

All i found was some political theory around vietnam about if one country becomes communist so too will the ones next to it etc.

So as the others are not totally correct. does it have anything to do with you having had some success that your friends and family too want to be involved and you have gone into a joint venture with them. You go halfs and they go guantor on whole loan.

So as you succeed more people want to get involved – hence a domino effect.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Yack,

Good guess, but not correct…

Cheers,
    sis

ps… honestly i dont think anyone will get it, as it is very simple, but has been overlooked, so many times, yet also if anyone who does know it, they will say there is alot of risk and exposure…

…you can almost say its like playing shares… (in the risk and exposure manner)

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Domino theory ? Or should that be called the ‘Sheep follow the leader theory’ ?

Buy a +ve cashflow property, write about it by saying what a wonderfull buy it was, others will follow suit and in the process drive up the prices as more and more start looking in that area.

??????

Pisces

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

How many of you have been searching for an answer?It has such a generic value as it can be applied to almost anything that happens in life.I wouldn,t be concerned about a domino effect in making money but rather the effect on how quickly you can lose that money.e,g having all your eggs in one basket.One bad property deal and the domino effect could see you lose the lot.It would be wise to look at stand alone deals.

So many +CF properties out there.Let me help you and achieve a win win situation.Russ.

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

<<<<<<<Domino theory ? Or should that be called the ‘Sheep follow the leader theory’ ?

Buy a +ve cashflow property, write about it by saying what a wonderfull buy it was, others will follow suit and in the process drive up the prices as more and more start looking in that area.>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Your not implying thats the premise of this web site are you. Buy 130 houses, write how easy it was in a rising market, sell concept in stagnant market etc etc.

Well maybe you are…..[evo]

Keymaster
    @piadmin

I am not implying anything Yack.

I am merely having a guess as to what S.I.S. means by that term.

Pisces

@still-in-school

Hi Pisces and RussH,

Good Guess, but not correct,

If you read what Redwing said in another post… link (last post) he is on the ball, but also not correct, but is the closest by far…

…yet, in another post that Chan posted…

Originally posted by Chan$:

I am sure eventhough SIS explain what ‘Domino Effect’ techniques is all about, there’re still a lot of questions will be ask. One would say ‘I don’t believe you can do that’ and so for.

… Chan, knows what “domino effect” is, and when i did first tell him, he understood it, but was surprised how easy it is, but there is alot of risk involved…

@still-in-school

another post…

Originally posted by BEAR1964:

I have been informed by SIS what the domino effect is. I can certainly see how it works, however as he said u got to be careful the dominoes don’t fall.

If you guys go back and read all of SIS’s replies Some of u may even find the answer, I can see it as clear as day (now that he has pointed it out to me………LOL). If u put together most of his replies the answers are already there.

… like Bear has mentioned, most the answer is there, like pointed out, “domino effect” is risky and you dont want the dominos to fall…

Cheers,
    sis

@still-in-school

when i say high risk your property is on the line…

… no strings, no insurance, the property is put on the line….

…. if it goes wrong, you will lose your property, and this is why it is called domino effect…

People who do use the domino effect are mainly property traders… that why, in an earlier post

…you can almost say its like playing shares… (in the high risk and exposure manner)

Cheers,
    sis

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

When is the Book and propertydominotheory.com
    coming into existence.

I am keen on having a read…..

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

sis,

Given that you’ve just started using this term, did you have it in mind when you bought your 12 IP’s? Or is it just a new thing that you’ll use for future purchases? Did you study the concept at TAFE or did you make it up?

kay henry

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Reading Redwing’s post it appears as if the answer is to use any sizeable increase in the value of one’s properties to buy another one and so on.

The danger is that if something goes wrong the whole pack of cards may come tumbling down.

The obvious thing to do, once one has obtained a sizeable asset worth, is to start looking how one can still continue to expand yet at the same time play defense, defense, defense.

I know of one person who did that very kind of thing by placing some assets in his wife’s name.

She ran off taking the assets with her !!! [glum]

Pisces

@still-in-school

Hi Yack,

lol… the answer is there, but not all of it, its that little bit, that im willing not to tell… lol

but give it a few mins, couple of hours or talk with some friends and im sure you will know it…

Hi Kay,

had known about it for a long time, didnt have it in mind when i first started off, but after getting deeper involved into property, and wanting to purchase more, is when i really took a real learning to how domino effect works, i do use it, but only on selected properties.

…lol, they dont teach this at tafe, not being critical about tafes, unis and schools, but they dont teach you how to really invest, but instead the opposite…

Cheers,
    sis

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Pisces,

That’s pretty much what I was trying to explain… however it sounds too obvious.

Cheers
    r

@kay-henry

so sis, referring to redwing’s post… the “domino theory/effect” is actually about using a guarantor because you don’t have enough deposit, working, buying properties, and using equity from one to buy another?

Ummmm… isn’t that what we all do (the bits after the guarantor)?

kay henry

@still-in-school

Hi Kay,

almost there, but theres two bits that no one is guessing, and thats the most crucial parts of all…

…they are small things, but they cannot work without them…

Cheers,
    sis

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

*turns him upside down and shakes him vigourously to try and help the domino, which has become stuck, come out*

@still-in-school
    @kay-henry

No offence taken about school, TAFE and uni, sis I know they’re pretty old-fashioned/conservative in what they teach re economics/finance.

Is thing thing you’re talking about got to do with what you and I discussed one night at the pub? How oyu buy properties and they can each increase by 10% and then you use that 100% (10% X 10 properties) to buy another one outright from equity?

kay henry

@still-in-school

Hi Kay,

yes that is one way, to purchase property with no money down, but that also had high risks involved, domino effect is a little more advance than that, but very similar across those same lines…

… both ways will work, yet, the domino effect is much more powerful, but gives you more to play with, but more risk at the same time…

… give me 20 mins and i will have confirmed by then if im coming tomorrow, and i will show you then, how domino effect works…

Cheers,
    sis

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.