All Topics / General Property / Who subscribes to API Magazine?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

I used to buy it, then used to miss out on it because all the copies were gone in a flash. Now I subscribe and everyone I know borrows it from me, it does the rounds at work and a few friends. HG

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr

It must only be Maximus and myself that use the newsagent as a library.
    I read it but don’t subscribe or buy it!!!

James

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

not a subscriber to API mag, but am a subscriber for both “Money” and “Your Mortgage Magazine”

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

me i dont buy any! and I dont subscribe to any!
    not womans day, tv weekly, times, api or any…
    and no i dont go and read them anywhere..
    no wonder I know nothing.

LOL

The only thing constant is change

The only difference between a weed and a flower is a judgement

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

If you check on the inside cover, Lane is now the publisher of API magazine. I have all issues from the very first one. I think the original price was only $5.95 then. Now it’s something like $8.95 but on subscription you usually get a discount and you receive it earlier than the newsagents.

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

I should rush to the newsagent right now to get the new copy, but it’s now 10.50PM so I guess they’re not open…LoL

Yack,
    is there any go in the latest issue?

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

The first issue I bought was the one with Jan Somers on the cover (last year)- this opened my eyes to property investing and I started by reading one of Jan’s books.
    SInce then I have been buying the issues at the news agency, but I missed the last one, I think. I will rush out tomorrow to see if it’s still there if Brenda is in that one I want to read it.
    It’s about time I subscribed, coz I love the magazine.
    [book]

Participant
    @brenda-irwin

Celivia, phone up API to subscribe and ask that your subscription start from that last Feb/Mar issue. It will save you postage charges on backordering it separate from the subscription.

Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian
    Originally posted by CarLover:

I suscribe to it.

It’s very informative and has a lot of useful info, in particular udpated prices and articles on specific areas.

I find it worth the cost.

CarLover.

me too.
    [inlove][inlove][inlove]

Julian [worried]

THERE IS ALWAYS A BETTER WAY!

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Good idea Brenda, I will do![exhappy]

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Yep, I subscribe to, have done for just over a year I think.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing
    Originally posted by maximus:

Hi all, I don’t subscribe to API, I try and read the articles that interest me while standing in the newsagents (how tight is that). If something REALLY interests me or the guy behind the counter is giving me dirty looks (just because I’ve been standing there an hour) I will buy it. lol.

Regards
    Marty

Me too..[biggrin][biggrin]

Actually,The one featuring Brenda and Les Irwins was the first i purchased, and the first one i really noticed.. i read a bit of it a few times at the newsagents before i thought, hey, this is worth buying !

Not a lot of Info on thier web-site..so you gotta buy it, and your wife is happy, knowing, yes, with that Mag, you are reding it for the articles ( Ha ha )

REDWING

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of ShusharShushar
    @shushar

I have bought and subscribed to the magazine for a while now.

Does anyone get “Personal Investor”? I found this month’s property case study (Trish) fascinating becuase her philosophy is so different from mine.

To quote her:
    “Once a property is positively geared, there’s no point hanging on to it because all you’re doing is paying out tax every year. ….And once a property is positively geared, you sell, you put the proceeds towards your residential loan, and you take just enough for a deposit on your next property.”

This is not a strategy I agree with but I guess we all believe in something different.

Maybe those of us still seeking +ve cashflow properties should just buy what Trish is selling?

Shushar

“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Shushar,

I get Personal Investor too and had missed the article (I don’t read all of the mag, only the property sections) so I’d overlooked this.

Thanks for mentioning it, and although her plan isn’t one I’d be happy with, it’s good when something makes you think ourside the box and consider what will and won’t work for each of us.

PK

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Shushar:

Maybe those of us still seeking +ve cashflow properties should just buy what Trish is selling?

I haven’t buy the latest issue, but I will soon. Regarding the quoted about, maybe it’s positive cash flow to Trish because she pay it off for a while, but when she sale at high price then It will not +ve anymore for us.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing
    Originally posted by Shushar:

To quote her:
    “Once a property is positively geared, there’s no point hanging on to it because all you’re doing is paying out tax every year. ….And once a property is positively geared, you sell, you put the proceeds towards your residential loan, and you take just enough for a deposit on your next property.”

This is not a strategy I agree with but I guess we all believe in something different.

Shushar

“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney

Geez..

So As soon as you start making a profit you sell ? Imagine if you ran a business like that and that’s what Investings all about.. And some people are actually happy when they get a raise..Trish must find this funny as they would then have to pay more Tax..

A friend i knew did this, after many many years of – gearing his IP became positively geared, so he sold it, put money into his PPOR, now…no IP’s 7 yrs later

Not my strategy..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Participant
    @brenda-irwin

I haven’t read the Personal investor issue with Trish yet.

I think I understand her logic though. I look at things a little differently.

If my property has say an 8% yield when I first purchased it and the rent goes up to become a 9% yield, I really don’t worry too much about it except that all the bills then get paid from the rents, instead of from my pocket.

I do though, measure the rental against the current market price of the property. If this becomes less than 4% and there is no longer much capital growth expected in that property for a few years, then I do start to weigh up the benefits of selling.

Its not the sale price which is important. It is how much interest you save and what you do with the proceeds of the sale.

Paying out the non-taxdeductable loan on your own home is quite a good idea. Purchasing more ip’s which yield more is a good idea also. This is how you make your money grow for you.

Cheers Brenda.[biggrin]

Profile photo of maximusmaximus
    @maximus

Hi again all.Went to the property expo yesterday (28/3) and upon entering picked up the latest two editions of API for free. At least now I can read these editions properly and pick up any info I may have missed while standing in the news’os.

Have a good one
    Marty[biggrin]

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

I buy it from the newsstand for the stats, mainly. I guess it’s also good for the “pep talk” factor, but serial case studies (the bulk of the articles) do little for me.

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I find the case studies are the best. I get inspiration from them and can see that I am on a similar track to them. They have actually done it and you can see that the average person can also succeed like them.

You can tell they are not Rhode Scholars on huge incomes. They all have had a few glitches along the way and many have raised families along with investing.

I would rather read about these average people than some guru in a suit selling expensive courses and properties.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.