All Topics / General Property / HELP. We need to sell quickly and need advice

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Hopefully its in Port Melbourne with Bay and City views.

Profile photo of harbingerharbinger
    @harbinger

geez i wasnt expecting a bidding frenzy. just some honest advice. [biggrin]

im not sooo stupid as to accept an offer based on a forum post.[blush2]

Andrew R Curtis

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

yeah i was thinking get together…you notice there has been no posts to our replies?[baaa]

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Ok. My advice is go to the local estate agents.

No such thing as a quick sale unless you are prepared to sell quickly at a price below market value to a vendor with cash or finance already sitting their waiting.

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr

You might be able to sell it yourself for cheaper, less agents fees, and end up with the same $$ in hand.

Profile photo of ginamarreeginamarree
    @ginamarree

You can have my Gold Coast property for 200 000[laughing]

Ginamarree

@harbinger

thanks yack.

thats prolly the first post here. is anyone willing to recommend avoiding wrapping it as their first deal?

at the moment it ‘seems’ like a good exit provided we reduce our margins. [with my limited knowledge]

cheers

Andrew R Curtis

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

harbinger- i dunno. We’re all people behind these posts. And we’re all into property. I have no doubt people would be interested in your property.

I LOVE new apartments- I doubt I could afford one though [glum2] But other people on here would be able to.

You could always do a random thing and sell it to the person with the funnest name!! [withstupid]

kay henry

@elves

H

we understand no one would take a post to heart…but you havent given any details either.

Why post here (except to ask for advice) when you could do that with a real estatie anyway? ummm am I missing something?

You bought a property, you learnt a lesson from something, you need to sell….my advice would have been to either talk to your bank, your solicitor (who knows it might be something we arent thinking here) and check out the real estate agents, or sell it yourself and save some dollars….

there are some online sites for that, give you advice.

A quick sale, usually means a drop in price or loss in profit, or loss generally….only you can decide.

Elves

@yack

Wraps. I dont know or believe much in them.

@elves

H

there are a lot of pretty smart property people here, some have been doing it for years, you might find posts that dont give you an answer, sometimes its like having having a laugh and a bit of fun, but people have already been telling you things in those messages that maybe you really havent been seeing?

WHAT DO YOU WANT …opppppsss sorry caps I am yelling over the posts….

what price are you asking? can we ask that on here?

im a newbie, me know nothin!

Elves

@harbinger

cheers Elves.

I dont see why we cant sell it privately either.

My dad is balking at the idea at the moment. (says he doesnt know what to do and cant afford the time to the manage the process.)

We have only started talking about it tonight and he kept getting stopped by silly details.

bit frustrating. hes talking to a local agent tomorrow while i will be sussing out whether it would be possible to wrap.

I imagine we would be looking for owner occupier.

thanks all!
    (but dont stop bidding! ill tell you when your getting warm! [biggrin]its got video security!? [biggrin]joke!)

Andrew R Curtis

@yack

Can I ask what surburb, is it brand new, did you buy it off the plan, is it in docklands, what is the rough price eg. 500k, whats the expected rent, how many units on each floor, did you buy it from a seminar property company.

A bit more information, may allow us to give better advice.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Yack meant:

A bit more information, may allow us to give better BIDS.

harbinger, you don’t need an agent to sell a property- just a solicitor. The buyer will have a solicitor too to do all the necessary checks. Really, if you sell a new apartment, people (investors) are gonna feel more comfortable about buying it than a much older place.

Most people on here would understand the situation of OTP buyers.

How quickly do you need to sell?

kay henry

@harbinger
    Originally posted by yack:

Wraps. I dont know or believe much in them.

yack, its like gravity. even if you dont beilive it it still works. [biggrin]

Seriously though. Its in Hampton. No, we didnt buy it from a seminar company. [what else was there..] Yes, it is brand new. We havent put a tenant in it because we believe we would limit our market of buyers.

ive only been there twice but i think there are three units above. its only a two storey development. there are two more similar planned either side by the same developer.

its not my property to say what he is willing to accept, especially considering we havent had any ‘real’ offers either.

expected rent is approx $270-280 for similar in area. definitely not +cf.

anything else…

Andrew R Curtis

@elves

yeah Kay two so far, 200k and 201k
    think we were all waiting….and yack is doing his best to get the info out too.

Harbinger, its hard to give advice when the details are scanty, I dont need ot know your business….but people are very good here with what they know and will no doubt try and steer you in the right direction, even if it is into their back yard….after all we are all after a good buy me thinks!

I bought a property using a friend no not a solicitor…you just need to know what you are doing, conveyancers are cheaper, but the legalities are better thru solicitors

elves

@yack

Its a shame you have to sell. I love Hampton. I would love to live in that general area. But thats in my 5-7 year plan.

You will get very strong growth there.

Wraps are BS. What are you intending to do? I dont understand. Wraps dont work in good areas from what i understand. But i’m having a mental block – i should be watching the footy show

@harbinger
    Originally posted by kay henry:

Yack meant:

A bit more information, may allow us to give better BIDS.

harbinger, you don’t need an agent to sell a property- just a solicitor. The buyer will have a solicitor too to do all the necessary checks. Really, if you sell a new apartment, people (investors) are gonna feel more comfortable about buying it than a much older place.

How quickly do you need to sell?

kay henry

Andrew R Curtis

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

I’m going to blow you away with my bid of $204K.

It’s mine, it’s mine………….. *runs away patting himself on the back*

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’ [greedy]

@harbinger

Whoops! i screwed up there!

Originally posted by kay henry:

humour me for a sec, whats OTP? [still a bit wet bhind the ears[eh]]

Andrew R Curtis

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.