All Topics / Heads Up! / Margaret Lomas

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi again to all,

Just had a meeting with the consultants of Margaret Lomas – the lady behind several books on pos. cashflow. Towards the end of our meeting, they show how they can help you achieve 10 pos. cashflow investment properties in 15 years – yes, that’s right – 10 properties in 15 years. I was about to go on and brag about Steve’s succeess but I held my tongue.

If only she is aware that Steve bought not 10 but 130 in not 15 years but 3.5 years. Now that’s success. Why re-invent the wheel. Use it to your advantage and get around. My point – look at the success of others and don’t despair why they are successful and your not – implement their strategies. Happy investing.[grad]

Kind Regards,
    George.[specool]

If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

So you reckon Steve Mcknight is some god or something.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

NO – THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD.

HE JUST DID WHAT MR KIYOSAKI DID AND ADVISED,

“DON’T WORK HARD, WORK SMART”

WARM REGARDS,
    GEORGE.[grad]

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I agree. Lomas is about exciting as an Anita Bell book.

And of course Steve isn’t God, God has his own web-site

http://www.god.com

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

geo,

I would be very happy to have 10 properties in 15 years.

kay henry

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

me too – but not being greedy, i would like to have more – the more i have, the more i am free and the more i am free, the more i can offer back to the community…

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

Margaret Lomas is a very smart Lady. She is quite savvy business wise. She has set up a number of franchises and does the usual radio show and written articles.

She admits to being conservative, but always has touted positive cash flow. I dont know, but I kinda think she was on the scene before steve. She would be very much aware of steve and his book and properties.

I have been to her franchise meetings as in one of the first for NSW. I did not proceed for my own reasons. They wanted all my personal details and financials, but were not prepared to give me theirs. I have to say I argued the point with her and our emails were tactically explicit in what we both expected and were not going to budge. Two stubborn women?

Enough said there. I still believe she is a slick PR machine.

Elves

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

a agree elves – she is on the ball and her calculators that her husband has done are priceless – very good recourses

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr

I think, very much like the Rich Dad series, that her books are too repetitive. Good ideas, but not new ones.
    It works well for having multiple streams of income. Maybe that’s why she only needs to have 10 propeerties in 15 years??

James

@elves

Her story is interesting
    I find the books ooookkkkk, i think I can read hers easier as my IQ isnt at the Rich dad level…lol

Seriously, three books, good way to make money, but it helps having a hubby doing the IT/Calcs in the background eg programming

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss
    Originally posted by geo:

Hi again to all,

Just had a meeting with the consultants of Margaret Lomas – the lady behind several books on pos. cashflow. Towards the end of our meeting, they show how they can help you achieve 10 pos. cashflow investment properties in 15 years – yes, that’s right – 10 properties in 15 years.

Was that 10 paid off in 15 years or 10 still with mortgages?

If it was 10 paid off I’d be very happy.

PK

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

nothing wrong with multiple streams of income, I’m all for it, in fact that’s my strategy! not just with property.

I just reckon that a lot of the ways property gurus teach investing only really works (is replicable) in a boom. but CF+ve investing is replicable over and over no matter what CG is doing. Hence 370 in ten years, carrying the 130 in 3.5 years figure on at Steve’s success rate, is possible – and only 10-15 by Margaret’s method.

A ten year period should include one whole ‘property cycle’ so you would get a growth cycle in there anyway, where even ‘non CG properties’ go up

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

My 2 cents.Look listen and learn.If they are successful then check out how they got there but dont just follow one persons ideas .take a great many ideas and then put them to work in your own style.I,m currently reading Money secrets of the rich.John R Burley.I think some of his ideas are going to radically change my life.Love this forum its a great learning place.

So many +CF properties out there.Let me help you and achieve a win win situation.Russ.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I agree with RussH,

“Look, Listen and Learn”

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

did catch up with Margaret Lomas today, at the expo, if you did go to the last expo last year, pretty much everything was said the same, did talk to each other for a few good mins, before she went back on stage…

… but her views on -ve gearing have also change, not in a bad way, but techniques in making a -ve gear property into a +ve gear property seem to be very much the conversation then the same views both about -ve and +ve gearing were talked on stage…

…but was definetly great to catch up with her again…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of breakingout_2breakingout_2
    Participant
    @breakingout_2

is Lomas the one that advocated “take the rent and multiple by 1,000 for the price to pay for a +ve property – unfortunately today there are many of these but they hardly cover the morgage payment. She may have been thicking like a private seller I spoke to the other day” if you put a larger deposit on it then it will be +ve geared”
    in a way he was right but I did not want to tie up that much money in one property

@elves

I was thinking the same a few weeks ago.
    sat having a cuppa, thinking why people put up so much of a deposit, I use none! well $50, and then a deposit bond via bank, and finance the lot, stamp duty and costs included.

I thought that was a better tax alternative than using my own cash! shissshhh what would I live on?
    cornflakes?
    then have nothing left to say hey!!! i got money. give me the money!

elves

The only thing constant is change

The only difference between a weed and a flower is a judgement

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr

You can put down whatever deposit, then recoup it with finance. For exmaple, buy for 250k, deposit 5k, but still borrow 250k + closing costs.
    I discussed this today with my broker. I have only ever put down very small deposits, but some vendors are attracted to offers with bigger deposits.

J

@elves

none of my $50 deposits have ever been refused

The only thing constant is change

The only difference between a weed and a flower is a judgement

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

Crikey! I thought my $100 deposits were low enough. With $50 deposits I could buy twice as many. Thanks elves[inlove]

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.