All Topics / General Property / net worth growth in past 12 months

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi,

Following on from one of SIS’s posts where he claims to have accumulated a net worth of 700k at the age of 21 that has basically happened in 12 months or so using mysterious techniques, and working part time, I was wondering whether anyone else had such spectacular success. I’ll be honest, I’m sceptical about SIS’s claims, but I don’t know him, so I can’t definitively say whether I believe him or not, but I know one or two on the forum who have met him and vouch for his claims and that he’s a good bloke.

cheers
    r

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

I remember when I first got on this forum I read some posts like this about people not believing sis.

ALthough I have (unfortunately) never met him, I really think he’s telling the truth, it’s almost unbelievable: he’s such a genius!

But I think that he educated himself really early in life when others were still wearing nappies.
    Must be highly gifted if you ask me!
    I wish I had his business-sense![jealous].

But I’m sure there must be others doubting him, this always happens when someone is exceptional in some kind of area.

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

I believe SIS, however I also feel he has been around property investing all his life via one means or another and has had great mentors and guidence along the way.

Am I right SIS?

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

These are my figures;

Property portfolio values. Loans have not changed. Loans are my business.

Dec 2002 $1.180m
    Dec 2003 $1.335m Increased by $155k
    Mar 2004 $1.385m Increased by $50k.

Prices in my area of Melb have not really softened. I went to an auction on the weekend and there were multiple bidders.

And the main reason for the growth has been South Frankston. And I expect more growth as the infrastructure is built. eg. new picture theatres, central shopping centre, marina, foreshore developments, CAD (central activities district) etc.

So I think its possible but he must be very highly geared. I think his total portfolio is at least double mine.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Celivia,

Sorry I might not have been clear… I’ve never doubted SIS’s intelligence etc… there’s a very big difference between being sceptical and outright not believing someone or calling him a liar, which I am definitely not doing… I’m just not sure that’s all… as you said yourself “it’s almost unbelievable” If he has done it, it’s an amazing effort and well worth a lot of praise.

Anyway, back to the original question… has anyone else been able to achieve what SIS has done (or even come close)? I know I haven’t…

cheers
    r

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Oops sorry Richmond I ignored your original question.
    No I sure haven’t achieve what sis has achieved!

Participant
    @richmond

Also, let me add that when I next make it to Sydney I’d love to catch up with SIS, kay henry and some others… hopefully in the next 6 months or so…

cheers
    r

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Dear All,

Remember a while back there was a guy his name is Victor Ollis (VO) selling house to investors and his company called ‘Country House & Land Sales’ or something along the line. he run a weekend trip (2 days) to tour investors around the country NSW to buy houses & land. And there was a huge threaded for that matter.

SIS & I went to that two days trip and we chats all days on the bus and until late at night as well.

If you actually meet SIS like I did and have a long chats with him then you will know his background and how knowledgeable he is. He explains to me many things that I don’t know about before such as domino effect techniques and so for.

For me because I meet SIS and has a long chats with him, I never duded him and I always congratulated him of his success.

Instead of duded other people, maybe one should try to observed and learns from successful investors like SIS.

SIS, congratulation. I know you will retire soon and I will see you again in 2 weeks time.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

thanks for your kind words, but i dont see myself successful, just still a plain working student thats all,

lol, but Chan is right, im always talking about investing or property if thats what the converstation is about, but anyone here can talk to me about property all day long and no… lol i wont get bored…

…. but if anyone is abouts and is going to the sydney expo tomorrow, come abouts and along, will be with property guru, and all day will be, just talking about investing and property, on and on and on….

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

“im always talking about investing or property if thats what the converstation is about, but anyone here can talk to me about property all day long and no… lol i wont get bored… “

totally agree SIS, viva la forum!

Richmond, ME me me, what about me, why don’t you want to come to Sydney and meet up with Me Me ME

pick ME

cheers – Mini

Oh yeah, answer the question, I reckon my properties have gone up 50-60 percent, based on what i see for sale in those areas and comparable houses. Also because there used to be 300 properties for sale and now there are only 30. Demand and all that. Add to that my 20 percent returns which are really only 10 percent because half of that is holding costs, and that’s not too shabby. Plus don’t forget I wasn’t even doing it for CG, which i thought could be negligible, I was doing it for CF to get my income up.

Anyway now that I feel confident everything is working out, after a year things are settled, maintenance is fully sorted, I am ready to gear.

Oh here’s a cute thing, I swapped a week’s free rent ($115) to some new tenants I found out were professional gardeners at an old people’s home after discussion with my rental manager. The rental agent has since been to inspect what they’ve done and she says it’s sensational and that they’ve done an enormous amount of work. Planting etc. Cool eh.!
    Improving my property just in time for valuation at minimal expense!

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

I am posting this purely to open some worlds. If you can some how turn a property into making a return higher than 10% on cash down, and be able to repeat that event over and over, then by my calculations you should be able to give an investor/organistion who fronts the deposit cash a better deal than term deposits (secured in property). Why would you settle for anything less than millions and millions. Who told you otherwise.
    he he (laughs at own cheek and possible naivety)[laughing])

lifexperience

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

lifeX,

I see where you’re coming from, but I think it’s also a good idea for people to know there are *limitations* to the millions and millions in RE- based on their personal circumstances.

Some of us are mere workers, with a range of expenses, interest rates have risen a bit and may rise any or every month, for all we know. I am not being “doom and gloom” about this (hate that cliched term). I am merely saying that if it all seems too easy, then perhaps one might look at one’s own circumstances and know that it isn’t that easy for everyone.

Banks generally don’t loan to people with poor incomes. They are considered too “rent-reliant”. I remember seeing people like Brenda Irwin and others in API saying the banks won’t continue to provide finance to them due to perceived or actual rent-reliance.

sis, how did you get around this issue given your part-time income? Surely, at some point, the banks say no- *despite* assumptions of full-tenancy etc. And how do you afford the extras? like landlord protection insurance, house insurance, maintenance etc? All those out-of-pocket expenses?

kay henry

Profile photo of markpatricmarkpatric
    @markpatric

Very well done! at such a young age but certainly there must be external circumstances which helped SIS accumulate this type of equity in such a short period of time.
    It would not be easily done to do this with no help at such a young age, if in fact you started with no money.
    [blink]
    What people say they are worth and what they would actually be worth if they sold thier property are two different things, could be heavily reliant on the market and depending on the total value of the portfolio, could wildly fluctuate with a minimal changes in conditions, one thing I`ve learned, the paradym swings both ways.[cigar]

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

What can I say? Sis is doing what we all would have like to be doing at his age but we were probably more interested in parties and women etc Keep up the good work Sis You are an inspiration to us all.And now i,m interested in R.E I reckon I could talk about it all day too. It,s very exciting and rewarding.

So many +CF properties out there.Let me help you and achieve a win win situation.Russ.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Russ,

sis is also interested in parties and women. The point of my previous post is about people having unrealistic expectations. I could spent no $$$ as the a 20 year old- when sis began his portfolio- and still not have been able to build a $2.1 million portfolio in 12 months on a part-time income.

It’s not about the good and clever make it and the lazy good-for-nothings don’t. It is about what is possible. And what may have been possible for sis has probably not been seen in Australia before. That’s why I suggested some time ago that sis have his story written up in API mag- because they would find his story just as incredible as many of us do.

kay henry

Participant
    @richmond

But Kay, the story would be short, because so much of it revolves around “secrets”.

cheers
    r

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by richmond:

But Kay, the story would be short, because so much of it revolves around “secrets”.

cheers
    r

Secrets = Success

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Participant
    @richmond

That’s crap Chan, some of the most successful property investors I know are more than forthcoming with tips and hints, both on this board, and others like it…

It wouldn’t be hard to come on here under a pseudonym, claim I have dozens of properties and stacks of money, then when some beginner asks me for some advice I just say “oops, no can’t tell, it’s a secret”. (PS disclaimer – I am not having a crack at SIS in the preceding sentence, it’s just a generalisation, since SIS does offer some of his knowledge in some of his posts…)[cigar]

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of p0sitiveCasHfl0wp0sitiveCasHfl0w
    @p0sitivecashfl0w

Just wait for SIS to release his book… I’m sure theres a publishing company out there waiting for the next best seller :P

Cheers,

Jay

You must stay <strong>pOsitive</strong>
    …then the <strong>cAsHfl0w</strong> will come!

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Can a moderator say ‘thats crap’

Anyway, i agree with Richmond. Go Pies!!!!!!!!

I dont barrack for the pies but I have too many mates who go for Richmond……

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.