All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Money/Quicken

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of HHHHHH
    @hhh

Hi Everyone

I have just started to compare Quicken Personal and Microsoft Money as my software of choice for tracking my personal finanances.

Is anyone else using either of these?
    I will look at some of the other software mentioned elsewhere for managing my IPs, but I feel these are the best for the personal day to day bills etc.

They are user-friendly enough to stagger around, but where I find them difficult is setting up our various property loans, LOC, offsets etc.

I have downloaded a trial version of Microsoft money and would appreciate any advise on how I setup my investment property loans etc.

thanks in advance guys and gals![thumbsupanim]

HHH

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

Quicken is very good for wraps.

Quicken is easy to use, and usually accountants have it.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of Elysium-MElysium-M
    @elysium-m

Been using Money for years. It does the job, and
    I think it’s much more affordable than Quicken (I paid around $50).

Setting up stuff is a bit fiddly, but you get the hang of it after a while.

The calculations (eg mortgage amortisation) are not perfect, so probably not so good for keeping track of your wraps. Also, it’s not able to properly track loans with an initially interest-only period, reverting to P&I after.

However, I like it, and I’d recommend it to anyone.

Cheers
    E

DIY Residential Property Settlements in WA – the book coming soon! When I can get my act together…

Profile photo of austiniaustini
    Participant
    @austini

Hi,

Whether its Quicken or Money its probably best to use scheduled payments (and manually adjust if need be) to deal with principal and interest etc as the calculations will often be incorrect and/or each bank may use slight variations. Its still very easy and takes very little time.

Cheers – Gordon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.