All Topics / General Property / Conference was what I needed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Just a note to say that for those that thought they couldn’t afford to attend the conference, I’ve now come away realizing I couldn’t afford not to go to the conference! It was the kick up the arse I needed!

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Derek..???

Hi Gatsby, Derek from this forum would probally be a good person to converse with initially and discuss the situation, he is associated with the Investors Club, and from all that he’s posted seems to be knowledgeable and approachable about many issues concerning the Club, and willing to answer any questions..

I can see your frustration, as my understanding of the whole concept of the Club, is to Assist you and other budding property investors in the process of accquiring IP’s..

Good luck..[upsidedown]

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I would pursue it with the Investors Club – they should be looking after your interests as thats the premise of the Club.

I would also take it up with Kevin Young. Tell him you may speak to the radio and make a fuss, you may even speak to Jenman about it, go to all the meetings in your State and post it on boards like this and somersoft and bring it up at the Qld conference.

He should do whatever he can to assist you. Talk to your support member and other support members.

Hopefully by doing this, it can be resolved prior to court.

Morally there is no reason why settlement should not occurr in your favour.

Good luck with it and keep us all posted on progress. Dont be scared to post it here.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Do you have grounds to sue? If it was not a binding contract, maybe you can’t. You should have seen a solicitor to go over the contract, accountants and mortgage brokers aren’t qualified to give this sort of legal advice. I would definitly see a solicitor about this now.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I’m wondering what a JP’s signature has to do with anything? We’ve signed our contracts for sale/purchase with another ‘adult’ witnessing it.

It certainly looks like the vendor was looking at any reason whatsoever to get out of the contract – presumably they onsold at the market value?

I would definitely consult a solicitor to see if that was grounds for getting out of the contract – especially noting that they had accepted your deposit, and the contract 9 months earlier?

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

GATSBY….

What happened ?? [computer]

You’ve changed the context of your original posting ??

I’m confused.. But hope everything is sorted out with your problems. All the best REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Gatsby,

I only came in late to this post as I have been away with work commitments and missed you ‘unedited’ post.

Nonetheless the offer any form of assistance stands. Hopefully the issue (whatever it was) has been resolved – if not do not hesitate to contact me.

Derek

[email protected]

PS Redwing – thanks for the encouragement.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.