All Topics / Help Needed! / DUPLEX BLOCK

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi everyone, has anyone got any experience whatsoever with developing.

I have a property on a duplex block which I am currently considering developing. Prior to contacting the PROFESSIONALS/BUILDERS ETC would like to find out the pit falls etc. if anyone has gone down this avenue…..
    Look forward to your replys

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

We are doing something similar. We have found the duty planner in at council very friendly and approachable. If yours is similar then I think you might learn a lot by sitting with him for 20 min and buying a copy of the LEP. Ours was $15.

Great place to start.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Why shell out any cash. Assuming you are on the internet [biggrin] check out the councils web site and download all their dcp’s with regard to subdivision, duplex (attached and detached rules). You may be able to build 2×2 attached duplexes, or subdivide in to three blocks, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.