All Topics / Heads Up! / Margaret Lomas

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Profile photo of cobra8272cobra8272
    Participant
    @cobra8272

Hi
    I’ve just read acouple of Margaret Lomas books and find them very informative “how to” books.
    Anyone read any of these and have any comments?
    rgds
    Cobra

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by cobra8272:

Hi
    I’ve just read acouple of Margaret Lomas books and find them very informative “how to” books.
    Anyone read any of these and have any comments?
    rgds
    Cobra

I also read a couple of her books and enjoyed it as well.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Participant
    @jetdollars

The two books that I readed by Margaret Lomas:

1. How to Maximise Your Property Portfolio
    2. How To Create An Income For Life

Really enjoyed reading it.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

I have just bought her new book: A pocket guide to investing in Positive Cash Flow Property.
    I’ll start reading it tonight.
    I’ve read “How to create an income for life” but may have to re-read parts of it since it was a while ago.
    I like her and ther’s free software, too.
    What do you think of the software if you have downloaded it?

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

I think Margaret’s stuff is well worth reading. Celivia, I’ll be interested to hear if the latest book is significantly different to the others or not…

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hey Celivia,

dont know if you know, but theres a Property Expo at Sydeny Darling Harbour this friday – sunday, at last years one, Margaret Lomas was there and was a guess speaker, though i dont know if she will be there again this year, but if you have the chance, it will be definetly worth the going…

Cheers, sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Participant
    @celivia

Yes thanks SIS, oh I regret so that I can’t go there, would have wanted to go. But I promised a friend I look after her kids for the weekend while she moves.
    Didn’t know that it was going to be on when I promised, so next year I am going to find out early to keep that weekend free!!!
    I heard that Hans Jakobi is speaking as well, would have loved to see him! (sob sob)
    Are you still not going, sis?

Rubbachook, I’ll let you know about the book. You can borrow it if you want when I’ve read it, I could just stuff it into your mailbox.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

I though Margaret Lomas was into taxation/depreciation, and neg gearing. But Cel, you tell me she’s got a book on pozz gearing- do I have this wrong?

kay henry

@rubbachook

Kay,

Margaret Lomas is a big +CF advocate. “How to create an income for life” is a good one to read on this. +CF for her chiefly comes from Rent + Special Building Write-off + Depreciation – Interest.

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by kay henry:

I though Margaret Lomas was into taxation/depreciation, and neg gearing. But Cel, you tell me she’s got a book on pozz gearing- do I have this wrong?

kay henry

Margaret Lomas books are base on +ve cash flow property after tax depreciation.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars

@still-in-school

Hi Celivia,

unfortantly, i wont be able to attend, but if any thing from now till then, that keeps me here, you can count me in, went to last years one, and it does go off.

… heaps of gurus, but you just sit there, on every word they are saying, hoping they drop off a hint or suburb, in which they are investing or going to invest… but, when i think about it, dam im going to miss out on all the fun… [glum]

Cheers,
    sis

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Thanks Rugs and Chan :o)

but if she is talking about the BIG depreciation allowances- as in post-1985/7 buildings, isn’t she referring to neg geared places (most of those buildings would be neg geared initially) and then making them pozz CF due to taxation benefits? She isn’t referring to pozz CF upon purchase (from rental yield only) is she?

kay henry

@still-in-school

Hi Kay,

thats correct, the proper term actually used is neutral gearing, but, she refers to it as positive cashflow, yet the twist to this all is, she uses a 21YD form or now known as a 1515 (i think), which allows you to get your tax back every week instead of having to wait till the end of the financial year, doing it this way, will then cause your income to actually be lessed taxed as your are claiming all taxable losses against your income week to week.

in thus meaning, you have a bigger pay check now, than having to wait till the end of financial year for your rebate.

Cheers,
    sis

Participant
    @celivia

Hi again Kay, Rubbachook and others answered your question for me better than I could have!

I’ve only read one book by her so far, I liked her idea but I do think that this strategy is less powerful than buying CF+ straight out, since you can’t keep depreciating, it has to end somewhere, also it only works when you’ve got income, so what if you want to retire?
    I suppose it has its place if combined with CF+ which gives income, like sis talks about sometimes.

Hey I’ve said it before, sis you should write a book about your strategy- lots of people will benefit from your knowledge. Many people don’t know about this, and it seems very complicated to organise or set it up like you do. I haven’t quite grasped it yet.
    But then again…all your secrets will come out hehehe[party]

By the way [offtopic] where do you people find these cute images to put next to your name on the bar above your topic?????
    I want one too!!![thumbsupanim]

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Celivia:

By the way [offtopic] where do you people find these cute images to put next to your name on the bar above your topic?????
    I want one too!!![thumbsupanim]

You can select hundred of images from your profile. It is called Avatar.

Just go to:
    Members -> My Profile -> Edit Member Profile (scroll down and look for ‘Avatar’ Click on the name to display image on the right hand side of your screen).

Kind regards

Chan Dollars

@rubbachook

SIS – but surely if you were hanging for mention of a suburb and if they actully did name drop, that this would be somewhere whose ship has sailed?!

Participant
    @celivia

Thanks heaps Chan! How do ya like my cute image?
    Took me ages to choose, love the images! So better go go back to [buz2] and get some work done now!

Have started reading the new Lomas book yesterday night, interesting so far, you’ll have to be familiar with her other books because she refers to them throughout this book.

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Celivia:

Thanks heaps Chan! How do ya like my cute image?
    Took me ages to choose, love the images! So better go go back to [buz2] and get some work done now!

Have started reading the new Lomas book yesterday night, interesting so far, you’ll have to be familiar with her other books because she refers to them throughout this book.

Not a problem.

I think it will be better if you the series from start, but if you have a bit of experiences in property investing then you can guess what see try to say by refering to her previous book.

By keep refering to her previous book will by way of asking the reader to buy more of her books that’s all. Clever Marketing!

Kind regards

Chan Dollars

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.