All Topics / Opinionated! / Mad crowds marching in support of Saddam

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

just saw some filmclips of crowds marching in different cities ‘in solidarity of the Iraqis who didn’t want the US to invade their country’.

Now if only the sentiment which I heard expressed had been ‘I don’t want our boys (and girls) to risk their life in the middle East’, I would have agreed 100%, no, make that 200%.

But no, they were marching in support of those Iraqis who now feel themselves disenfranchised because suddenly they have lost their jobs, their positions of power, their opportunity to oppress their fellow Iraqi.

It seems to me as if those mad crowds don’t have the common sense to realise that the issue is a complex one considering that it seems clear that the majority of the Iraqis did want their country to be freed from the oppression of Saddam and his supporters.

Coming back to support for the oppressed, my idea would have been to merely supply weapons (and training if neccessary) to the suppressed and/or just bomb the smithereens out of the Saddam mob rather than necessarily risk US and Allies’s lives on the ground.

Pisces

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

“or just bomb the smithereens out of”….

No matter what you end this sentence with it’s not OK. i regret to inform you that you have been brainwashed by George Bush, AKA the Antichrist,
    a fellow who has been going around marketing ‘war’ as ‘peace’ and spreading FEAR to make egotistical people thing it’s OK as long as WE are all right -.

Remember Hitler? Well, it seems he’s back.

GB’s been desperately trying to stop his currency devaluing for a while now, and it’s linked to the oil buck. Nations breaking the ‘rules’ and trading oil direct with Europe (i.e. venezuela, Iraq) made the Euro rise and the dollar fall. Major mayhem if the US economy crashes. ‘but how can we stop those buggers trading with Europe directly?’ ‘By muscle’. ‘but we need a reason’. And one was created. Retaliation for terrorist attack. but who’s payroll were the ‘hired actor baddies’ on anyway?

And why didn’t they catch them? They had them…
    It’s just being SEEN to be chasing them.

whoever they are chasing this week is the same person that was helping them waste some other nation last week.

GB’s in debt up to the eyeballs nation is in the shit, and has been since he started a war for bogus reasons, many of which have since been exposed.

I do so love a debate!!

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Interesting way of looking at it Mini.

I won’t comment (other than commenting on about three very minor items shown below) in order to see some more opinions.

>>George Bush, AKA the Antichrist<<

Miniiii, have you gone religious now ? I well remember how the scoundrel catholic priests frigthened hell out of me by giving a very prominent role to the devil.

Now, fifty odd years later, they have suddenly changed their tune.

Like the media, one cannot trust the priests either.

Now Mini, please don’t fall into the trap of wanting to tell us that one can trust the priests or else I’ll have to bring out the details of the sex scandals which have been uncovered in the closets.

>>Remember Hitler? Well, it seems he’s back.<<

Are you trying to tell us Mini, that Hitler, like Jesus, has arisen out of his grave ?
    (Sorry, I cannot buy either one of these two stories.)

>>GB’s been desperately trying to stop his currency devaluing for a while now<<

Mini, I like your stories about cash +ve houses but it doesn’t look like you have a notion about economics, or at least not where it concerns the US dollar.

A very strong case indeed can be made that the opposite has been happening i.e. that the US government has been actively working to push the US dollar down so I cannot really buy your outlook Mini, sorry.

Cheers,

Pisces

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Nice of the yanks to topple Saddam and all….

Just wish they had thought about their next move in Iraq before invading……..

Vietnam part 2….. ( my apologies to any Vets out there no intent to insult. )

They’ve gone in gones blazing and are now standing around asking…. NOW WHAT [cigar]

Praying and hopin Bush gets kicked out of office soon…..

Keymaster
    @piadmin

What about 9/11 Scott ?

What about the train bombings in Spain ?

Pisces

@pelican

Pisces,

yes, look we agree on those….. I was just talking about 1 area in particular……

Scott

Pelican Investments
    http://www.pelican-invest.com

Profile photo of Rebecca1Rebecca1
    @rebecca1

<<personal taunts not appropriate>>

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Here’s a link to an interview with a gentleman called Tariq Ali, a London-based author. His most recent book is titled “Bush in Babylon”. The interview is quite lengthy, but the situation in Iraq is a complex one, and the article provides perspectives on the current situation in the Middle East. People will either discount the perspectives provided by Ali out of hand or will find the article comprehensive and informative.

http://www.asiasource.org/news/special_reports/ali.cfm

kay henry

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru
    Originally posted by Pisces:

What about 9/11 Scott ?

What about the train bombings in Spain ?

Pisces

Number of people get killed in other part of world in terrorist activity does US care? War in Iraq has killed already 10000 people and who knows how many more? I am against the Saddam and Osama but Bush is also part of same group. Because of this war we in Australia facing insure.[angry2]

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    [sultan]

Keymaster
    @piadmin

<<edited – no personal slanging matches please!>>

Nothing wrong with war as such, I just want to get my facts straight.

Pisces

Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>Number of people get killed in other part of world in terrorist activity does US care? War in Iraq has killed already 10000 people and who knows how many more? I am against the Saddam and Osama but Bush is also part of same group. Because of this war we in Australia facing insure.
    <<

I take it that by the word ‘insure’ you mean uncertainty, dangererous times ?

PropertyGuru, can you please explain, come up with some relevant facts, why you consider Bush in the same league as Saddam and Bin Laden.

I am asking because, whilst there are many factors at work, the way I see it Bush is doing a pretty good job. A lot has been achieved during the last twelve months.

So where did he fault ? Or are you referring to
    things other than Iraq ?

Pisces

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

What about the interesting tid-bit that Kuwait owed Iraq a certain amount of money which precipitated the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in the early 90’s. Now Iraq never received the money they were owed, the US (and friends) have invaded twice and suddenly Hussein is the anti-christ.

Strange that this isn’t reported or given as context more often.

BTW I am about as pro-Hussein as I am pro-Bush, I just like all the facts to be out there.

@pelican

<<edited – no personal slanging matches please!>>

Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>Mr Pelican, would you like me to ask you what experience you have on battlefields?<<

Pelican (or Mr Pelican, as Bec calls you) it looks to me that Bec is asking a very valid question there. [wink]

As an [oneeyed] intellectual she obviously wants to get her facts straight before she comments properly.

Pisces

Profile photo of Rachel77Rachel77
    @rachel77

Well, I say you’re damned if you do and you’re damned if you don’t.

It’s not easy to please everyone!

Rachel.

Profile photo of _se7en__se7en_
    @_se7en_

Yes Pieces the world is a better place without Saddam.

But the world would be an even better place if we got rid of the 3 stooges: Blair, Bush and Howard.

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan
    Originally posted by _se7en_:

But the world would be an even better place if we got rid of the 3 stooges: Blair, Bush and Howard.

That’s a nice throw away line Se7en, but I don’t think you actually mean it do you.

I think you may be smarter than that, no infact I know you are smarter than that.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’ [greedy]

@pelican
    Originally posted by Pisces:

>>Mr Pelican, would you like me to ask you what experience you have on battlefields?<<

Pelican (or Mr Pelican, as Bec calls you) it looks to me that Bec is asking a very valid question there. [wink]

As an [oneeyed] intellectual she obviously wants to get her facts straight before she comments properly.

Pisces

Pisces.

No problems, as soon as she clarifies her experience in property investing AND wraps in Australia, then I’ll be happy to share my experience !!

Scott

Pelican Investments
    http://www.pelican-invest.com

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

War was unjustified: UN inspectors

Agencies | March 22, 2004 08:49 IST

The United Nations’ top two weapons experts have criticised the United States, saying that the invasion of Iraq was not justified by the evidence in hand.

“I think it’s clear that in March, when the invasion took place, the evidence that had been brought forward was rapidly falling apart,” Hans Blix, who oversaw the investigation into whether Iraq had chemical and biological weapons, told CNN on Sunday.

The evidence Secretary of State Colin Powell presented to the UN Security Council in February 2003 was “shaky”, he said, adding that he told this to US officials, including National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice.

“I think they chose to ignore us,” Blix said.

Mohamed ElBaradei, Director General, the International Atomic Energy Agency, told CNN from IAEA headquarters in Vienna, Austria, that he had been “pretty convinced” that Iraq had not resumed its nuclear weapons program.

Days before the war began, Vice-President Dick Cheney had said, “We believe [Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein] has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons. I think Mr ElBaradei, frankly, is wrong.”

ElBaradei told CNN: “I haven’t seen anything on the ground at that time that supported Mr Cheney’s conclusion or statement…”

The Bush administration tended “to say that anything that was unaccounted for existed, whether it was sarin or mustard gas or anthrax,” Blix said.

Blix also criticised Powell, who told the Security Council about an Iraqi site that held chemical weapons and decontamination trucks.

“Our inspectors had been there, and they had taken a lot of samples, and there was no trace of any chemicals or biological things,” Blix said. “And the trucks that we had seen were water trucks.”

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    [sultan]

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Pisces says

“Coming back to support for the oppressed, my idea would have been to merely supply weapons (and training if neccessary) to the suppressed and/or just bomb the smithereens out of the Saddam mob rather than necessarily risk US and Allies’s lives on the ground.”

Mate I don’t know if u know this, but the great US of A not only supplied Bin laden and Saddam with weapons, but the CIA also helped them with their training money and trained them both in particularly Bin laden in how to make money to further their cause opium poppies being one of them.

When ever the US helps some one with weapons etc to fight a common enemy they then turn on the US. One would think they have learnt that lesson by now……..LOL

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.