All Topics / Help Needed! / Once bitten……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of OutbackJackOutbackJack
    @outbackjack

After holding a -cf property for 6 years and paying +$2000 in rates a year to the local verotiouse council just because they provide a car racing cricuit in central NSW, I sold for less than purchase cost. I know others that did the same thing. HOwever now, three years later the property is worth more than double. Oh well, live and learn. What I ask is for reassurance that I have my criteria right. the 11 second rule I recon I have under control and have been timed at less than 7.45 seconds. [biggrin] Clarification however is required on Cocr. 15% is after costs not associated with purchase???? ie ins. rates, and other annuals like that? Is there any other ormulas I have forgoten?

I would appreciate any other research tips, like statistics on property trends anyone can fwd to me as well.

Catchyas, Jack

Profile photo of Rags2RichesRags2Riches
    @rags2riches

Bit unfortunate that you lost out but hey, luck of the draw, I bought my house 7 years ago, its now triple, I wish I had of bought more..

Whats the 11 second rule, I hear people talking about it all the time.

Profile photo of OutbackJackOutbackJack
    @outbackjack

RUle of half. Buy for $60k rent for $120 PW. Or buy for $40k rent for %80pw. See the half ratio?

All the best. Jaquie.

Profile photo of Rags2RichesRags2Riches
    @rags2riches

My rule is every 10K you spend purchasing, you need $15 per week to cover repayments, so if you spend $40K to purchase, you need minimun $60 per week, $60K you need $90 per week..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.