Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of mustang66mustang66
    @mustang66

Hi

I am very new to the concept of property investing and would like to know people’s opinions of Residex for market research…

Thanks all [blush2]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi mustang

Residex can be useful to give past sales history, however, I think the sales might be a couple of months old.

I think real estate agents subscribe to some of these services, so you may well be able to ask some of them to provide you with the same info? Doesn’t hurt to ask anyway…

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

I’ve bought a few reports. Good information. I use it more to verify my research. Remember that the info is historical – but it is usually the best you will get en masse.

Profile photo of theloanarrangertheloanarranger
    @theloanarranger

Can be useful as a snapshot of the market 2 – 3 months ago.. Their growth forecasts can be useful to clarify your own crystal ball.

theloanarranger

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

After speaking to both residex and Home Price Guide at Property Expo 2004, it seems that Home Price Guide is more up-to-date therefore probably a better bet. HPG get their figures on a weekly basis from auction and sale results across the country (except Tassie). Residex is gleaned from info that is usually 1 qtr old.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’ [greedy]

Profile photo of JaRRnJaRRn
    @jarrn

How accurate is residex’s Rental Vacany Rates?

It is the starting that stops most ppl.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.