All Topics / Help Needed! / Private renting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of GarvoGarvo
    Participant
    @garvo

Hi everyone.
    I am about to move into a new house and am going to privately rent my old house.
    I am in Queensland and want to know
    how I go about it.
    I already have tenants lined up.
    Do I just get a solicitor to write up a contract?
    any help would be great. thanks.

Profile photo of TEEJAYTEEJAY
    @teejay

Garvo,

Go to any post office. They will have a booklet and forms that will tell you everything you need to do.

I starting doing what you are doing in 2002 and found the booklet and hotline to the RTA very informative.

Remember as Steve McK says when dealing with your tenant they are your main asset (Cashflow). Also as Steve says reward your tenant for paying their rent on a timely basis. I gave mine a 6 pack of premium beer for Chrissy on their doorstep. Since then they pay before the due date!

TEEJAY :)
    Keep in Front of the [8]

Profile photo of GarvoGarvo
    Participant
    @garvo

thanx for the help teejay

Profile photo of NEWGENNEWGEN
    Participant
    @newgen

Garvo,
    You can get a property management pack from your local newsagent with most/all the forms and contracts you need.. including the bond submittal form. I think it costs about $6.

Cheers.

Profile photo of Chris-SydChris-Syd
    Participant
    @chris-syd

Standard lease agreements is what you want. You will need to send the bond into the tenants tribunal to make it all legal. Check the forms out at the newsagent.

Chris

All post are IMHO.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Also check.. we have a Landlords Advisory service in WA, you may have similiar ??

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.