All Topics / Help Needed! / Landlords Insurance

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of DDWDDW
    @ddw

Just a quick question. Does anyone have recommendations for landlords insurance in Qld?

Many thanks

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi DDW,

Try AON – (07) 3223 7400.

Derek

[email protected]

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Do a search on Landlords insurance in this forum, there’s a previous thread listing various companies.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Do all investors take out Landlord Insurance? I did after I had a very risky tenant and then of course, the tenant was gone and I didn’t need it anymore!

I wonder if people only get it if they are in a flood zone, or are worried about their tenants not paying, etc. As for me, I now have two very stable tenants and am not gonna get it (for now).

What about you all? Do you make it a part of every IP? Or do you just select the ones you classify as more of a “risk”?

kay henry

Profile photo of techatecha
    @techa

K

I have it on all mine.

In particular melicious damage.
    We too had a tennent who was copy book never missd a beat.
    Along came ex husband and within 3 mths the inside was trashed and the ex was gone.
    Repair bill 8K
    What about public liability that to is in the Landlord package.
    As is Fire (Well mine anyway).

I dont mind insurance as you can see its always worked for me but others see it as just another un necessary expense.

John

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I don’t think I have ever had Landlord’s Insurance (scratch head while thinking[confused2])

I keep thinking about doing it, but I guess the time I might really think about it is when a tenant trashes the place, or skips town.

As for Public Liability, that’s included in the contents cover I take out for all properties.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi all,

Ultimately to landlord insure or not is an individual decision.

However under no circumstances should you be without some form of public liability insurance. A recent case in WA saw a boy slip in the shower, fall through the non standard glass, seriously cutting himself and died on the way to hospital.

Someone had repaired the shower recess and didn’t use legal thickness glass.

By the way – landlords insurance is something I always take out. Who knows what sort of friends your tenant has.

Derek
    [email protected]

Read my comments? Think I can help you? PM or email welcome.

Profile photo of markandsarahmarkandsarah
    @markandsarah

We have four investment properties with Landlord Insurance on each one. I am still not convinced after we had a bad tenant recently. It seems that the insurance only paid if the Magistrate issued an order for them to pay. In this case the inside of the twonhouse needed repainting after one of the tenants caused damage to the walls and patched them up themselves. The Magistrate ruled that the property was 3 years old and would have to have been painted anyway (yeah right!). If the Magistrate had ruled in our favour and the tenant refused to pay, then the insurance would have paid us and pursued the tenant. I think we will maintain the insurance, but it taught us that you still aren’t totally protected and are still at the mercy of the Magistrate.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.