All Topics / General Property / Question on selling house

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of farawayfaraway
    @faraway

Hi all;
    Firstly, thanks for the replies in ‘Help’a couple of weeks ago. A few questions on behalf of my sister who is selling her PPOR. The house is being sold for 48 000 & is in NSW. Roughly what would be the cost of conveyencing on this. She has been told from about $1300 to $1500. What searches does the seller have to perform? Also, can anyone explain what a certificate 149 is? She is very new to this & the 149 has me stumped as well. Some views would be appreciated. Thanks heaps. All have a nice day[exhappy]

Profile photo of liverpoolharrykliverpoolharryk
    @liverpoolharryk

Jez that seems expensive! Can’t help you on conveyancing in NSW but here in QLD about $350 – $500 is the go. No searches needed when selling mainly when buying. We don’t have a 149 here so I’m no good to you there either.

Jarrod
    Jarrod Lane Real Estate[blink]

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

Dear Faraway

In NSW the law requires the Vendor to obtain:

a. a copy of the Land Titles Office copy of the title
    b. a copy of the plan of the land
    c. a S 149 Certificate. This certificate is obtained from the Council and shows the zoning of the property
    d. a copy of the sewearage diagram

Suggest your sister gets written quotes from solicitor/conveyancers. I think under the Legal Practitioners Act the solicitor has to disclose costs in writing at the beginning of a matter.

crj

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Yes, $1300-$1500 sounds excessive! I would talk to a couple of solicitors/conveyancers and ask them their prices.

Especially for one that is valued so low – that’s a large percentage of the sale price!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

A solicitor, not convey’r is charging me $455 to sell a property, straight sale, no problems. QLD.

In NSW I paid 600 for a convey’r
    shop around.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.