All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Things you can claim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of drewsterdrewster
    @drewster

I was just after a quick rundown of the main items you can claim for on an investment property. I really wanted to know if you can claim body corp and rates. Any other advice would also be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Andrew

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Andrew,

Advertising
    Bank Fees
    Body corporate fees
    interest on borrowings
    depreciation
    insurance
    property management expenses
    legal expenses

You can claim body corporate (just not any sinking fund contributions). Council and water rates are also claimable.

James

Profile photo of alpinaalpina
    Participant
    @alpina

if i do a building inspection on an ip as part of my due diligence but dont end up buying the property, can i claim the cost of the inspection?

julie

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Julie

This has been posted before..The general consensus is NO, unless you’re specifically in the business of buying and selling many properties

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Just Starting,

An extensive list of allowable claims is avaailable on the ato websie. I would also recommend a surf through some accountants websites to see if they have something suitable.

Alternatively visit http://www.gatherumgoss.com and purchase Dale’s TAx BAttles manual. For $99 you can’t go wrong.

I also have a fairly extensive list PM with your email address and I’ll forward it onto you.

Derek

[email protected]

Profile photo of JuliaJulia
    @julia

Just Starting,
    Down load the free rental property booklet from http://www.bantacs.com.au. Just go to Acess and Print Newsflash booklets from the main menu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.