All Topics / Heads Up! / Was there ever a 0-135 – CF IP guru?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of KarenBKarenB
    @karenb

Hi All,
    You know how so many people are out there now in the market with their +CF IP strategy seminars, tapes, books, software programmes ….

In past years (80-90’s) when the only thing anyone knew about was -CF IP’s, were there these same types?

Where there -CF IP guru’s flogging their -CF IP strategy seminars, tapes, books, software programmes ….

One wonders if these guru’s had 135 properties? If all your investments were -CF you would soon run out of money to put bread on the table and keep the home fires burning.

How did they do it then and how many properties did they own? Anyone remember those days?

Cheers Karen B!

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I think you’ll find the ‘gurus’ were the real estate/development companies that jumped on the Jan Somers (among others) bandwagon and made their money by selling their properties to you – with fantastic tax breaks, and flights to QLD, and overpriced properties.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Guru will come and go where as real investors will be around for along time.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Chan said – Guru will come and go where as real investors will be around for along time.

I agree. Henry Kaye is gone. Who is next?

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Who assigns the title of gurus to some of these people. Not me.

The reality is that the majority of people don’t want to spend the time and the effort as serious investors and like to ‘outsource’ some of this effort to supposed experts. (Not saying that all are charletons).

For those who know better, educate themselves with differing opinions and good advice – these so-called gurus are merely ’embroidery on the fabric’. Background noise

James

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by yack:

Chan said – Guru will come and go where as real investors will be around for along time.

I agree. Henry Kaye is gone. Who is next?

I am sure there will be more guru go in the future.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of SiboSibo
    Participant
    @sibo

I agree. In any field, it helps to be think right around a topic. Ed de Bono has a good method of making sure a topic is looked at from all angles. Guru’s often discourage this kind of thing by telling you they’ve found something ‘new’. The fundamentals have been the same since the first day of creation. ‘The Millionaire Next Door’ is a good book that reveals just where the millionaires are. They’re the quiet guys over the fence, not the guru in the flash car.

Regards,
    Si

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

yes there were plenty – Warren Buffet – many rich and successful people but they were not mediased as much as others are nowadays.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.