All Topics / General Property / Beach Culture

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

FYI

GONE are the days when Australia could be divided into either ‘bush’ or ‘city’ dwellers.

Coastal areas are emerging as major population centres and helping to create a “third australian culture”

4 Million Australians now live in coastal areas outside capital cities, essentially a ‘beach-culture’.

ABS figures show nearly 70 000 people moved to coastal areas in the year to June 2003, 7% up on the previous year..

REDWING

It pays to watch population trends..

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

The funny thing I notice about that is that people pay a fortune to be near the beach, but rarely go there.

They are too busy working to pay for their “lifestyle”.

But it’s certainly true what you say Redwing.

Cheers

http://www.tradingforaliving.info

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi There, have to agree. We paid what seemed alot of money 11 years ago to move to inner city suburb in Perth, now all coastal properties are outperforming.

Also, developers are absolutely going crazy here with the canal lifestyle.
    Canal land development is booming and each month prices just keep going up.

There are some great buys, but these are really just beach shacks, about 300 mtre from beach for around $235,000 but you would only get around $150 pw rent.

Cheers

Profile photo of qwertyqwerty
    Participant
    @qwerty

Hi Marissa,

I’ve got 2 brothers who bought at Sydney’s northern beaches whilst I bought in the suburbs. Their portfolios of properties would now be worth at least twice that of mine. My reason for not buying there was the same as yours (too –ve geared).

I think also the next boom will be that of baby boomers seeking the sea-change lifestyle.

Hmmm, if I had my time again !

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

i got a beachproperty – 35 pct increase in 12 mos….

let me brag – its the only good personal investment decision i have ever made…..

its negative geared though and eats into cashlfow

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

yes I hate the beach, however everyone wants to go there. Saw an interesting program on tv about a year ago talking about Tsunami – said that it’s strange how planning policies allow all this development on the coast when tidal waves are a natural and relatively frequent phenomena. it suggested that a decent tidal wave on the east coast of australia will wipe out most of our population and infrastructure. it went on to show what will happen when a particular island in the Canary Islands will have when it eventually cracks in half and falls into the sea – devestation of the US East Coast.

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

ausprop – thats why i have been combing the internet for investment properties in nepal – just in case

Participant
    @ausprop

yeh well I realise that when it happens it will be a huge problem anyway and it probably won’t matter where you live, you will be affected by the ruined economy etc etc. A bit like shark attacks – the fear of it is worse than the likelihood of it happening to you personally. hmm – Nepal…

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi all,

“thats why i have been combing the internet for investment properties in nepal – just in case”

For sale – one cloud – solid investment opportunities. Good views. Can’t be built out. Current pest inspection report available.
    Contact the owner – XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Derek

[email protected]

Participant
    @ausprop

I wouldn’t like to be selling a house on the coast for the next couple of months! will be interesting to see how long peeoples memories are – not very I would suggest

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Here’s a link which I added to my favourites thanks to one SS forumite, and which may be of interest to some of you here:

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/

Happy shopping!!! [biggrin]

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Ha ha ha!! Monopoly! All I want for Xmas is my own private island, my own private island, my own private island!

Bloody hell….

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.