All Topics / General Property / Residex Reports : Negative growth in Brisbane

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of 111111111111
    Participant
    @111111
    Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

A bit of reality finally hitting Brisbane!!!!!

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

See, my problem is…

REIV says: REIV News

12 month house market wrap
    The Age – 28 February 2004

Melbourne’s residential property market maintained its upward trend with a median house price of $363,000 being recorded for 2003. This represents growth of 11.8 per cent growth since 2002 and a staggering 81.8 per cent growth since 1998.

… whereas the above link on this post states:

Median house prices in Brisbane have increased by 300 per cent since 1986 and around the country by 329 per cent.

i have real difficulty with such differing statistics. I know one is ’96 and the other is ’98, but prices were flat from 96-98 anyway, so it makes buggerall difference.

What gives folks? Can we believe Residex, CommSec, the REI’s? What about Matusik? homeprice.com.au? The ValuerGeneral?

By the way, I thought the link was agood article 111111, but I have just read so many differing perspectives, it’s hard to be definitive.

kay henry

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Kay, the year referred to in your post, and the article is 1986, not 96, so might explain the difference in the stats!![evo]

Love the new smilies.[exhappy]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Mel,

Thanks for the mistake pickup :o)) Another mistake I made is that the stats I quoted related to Melbourne and Brisbane- different markets- hehe.

Luckily I’m not Mark Latham- there’s less fallout when I make a mistake than there is when he makes a mistake ;)

Yeah, the new smileys rock. You gonna get yourself an avatar, mel? I quite like being green.

kay henry

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

There you go, negative gearing people! now even more negative! Where as positive gear before = neutral now…lol

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hey Kay

Yeah, I’m gonna get me a picture, but I want to catch up on all the postings I haven’t read before I actually log in again. I like to work on the ‘active topics’ bar, from last login, and if I do that now and don’t read them all it will mess it up.

Besides, I’ve gotta make sure mine is unique. I saw that Grizzly Bear took the Bear, so I’ll have to have a sticky and see what options there are!![cap][confused2][comp][cigar][buz2]

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.