All Topics / Finance / Finance for NZ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of judijudi
    @judi

Hi Guys
    Just a couple quick questions:

1. Is there a disadvantage financially in having a loan in Aust for a property in NZ?

2. Can a broker with experience in LODOC loans and investing in NZ please contact me.

Many thanks

Judi

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

The major issue might be currency fluctuations making the loan greater than the property value, however it can also go the other way and the AUD and NZD are historically closely tied I have found.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Hi Judi,
    I have sent you an e-mail regarding finance for NZ.
    Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

[email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au
    Ph:1800 820 500
    Victoria

PLEASE note comments made should NOT be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice. Please seek professional, specific advice.

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Hi Judi,
    I have property in NZ.
    I have chosen to lend an amount of money to my trust. the trust then uses this as deposits on the properties, and I borrow the balance in NZ. The majority of debt (80% initially of purchase price) is in NZ where the property is – thereby minimising my exposure to currency fluctuations.

Lending in Australia may also potentially take longer to get approval for finance when you purchase a property – allow two weeks finance clause in your contracts – in some areas, valuers have a long lag time to get to you as they are so busy.

Cheers

Castle Dreamer

(You’ll never go wrong if you never go anywhere – have a go!”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.