All Topics / General Property / Investing in NZ property

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of arron_sharon29913arron_sharon29913
    Participant
    @arron_sharon29913

Hi all fellow investers

We are from Sydney and wish to purchase property in NZ as offshore investors, we recently saw Steve Mcknight on today tonight with a couple who have done this already, we would love to hear from that couple or any one who has done it,what or how they did it.
    Any help would be great!!

Many Thanks Sharon

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

The fastest way to get contact with those who already done that is do the search in this forum! There are so much posted here with the same question that you are asking.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [The bridge between where you are right now & where you want to be tomorrow is knowledge]

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi arron and sharon

You could also try http://www.propertytalk.co.nz which also has a wealth of information for Australians hoping to invest in NZ.

Regards

Profile photo of RouquinRouquin
    @rouquin

Dear Arron and Sharon

I am currently putting together a group of investors that I will be introducing to properties from NZ, my email is [email protected]

I look forward to speaking with you soon

Rod Holloway

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

try speaking with Westan – he is the one who has done it all…

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of KiwiZenaKiwiZena
    @kiwizena

Now is the time to buy at the moment, especially in the south, Christchurch, or smaller towns like Gore. Sounds like a daft thing to say, but make sure you know the area, or at least have a look on a map before buying. I’ve met far too many people in the last week since moving over here that are scratching their heads as to why they have un-tenanted IPs in NZ. Then you find out that some rather shifty real estate agent has sold them an expensive place, 200km from the nearest community. (why why why!) Also, consider setting up a loss attributing qualifying company to help out in the taxation department.

For something a little different, why not check out http://theinvestingcrew.com

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

KiwiZena,

i disagree, as 3/4 of the population of NZ live in the NI, I believe the NI has much more potential for CG (even the small high yield towns) than the south, despite qtown and nelson, just in general. and the CF yields are certianly as good or superior. I have not heard any problem with vacancies in towns I look in, other than that there are too many decrepit properties which will always be vacant and not enough tidy ones.

“200km from the nearest community.”

I don’t even know if NZ is big enough to have a property 200K from the nearest community.

but yeah of course do your due diligence.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.