All Topics / General Property / +ve Properties OZ

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Kay,
    reply in blue:

Originally posted by kay henry:

Chan,

Many of us know that one can buy CF+ properties.
    I don’t believe that because a lot of people still ask this question and that including this topic.

If people go to schinellas RE of broken hill, one can probably find dozens on their website.
    Yes they can, but some of them don’t know if you don’t mention it. And I did a lot of research into broken hill before and found that high vacancy rate in the area that’s why I don’t buy there, but I am sure other will because everyone is different.

When you say it’s easier than it was before, I haven’t heard of any major downturn in prices for properties in regional or rural areas (presuming that’s where you got your 10.5%). On the contrary, I believe there’s still demand for the cheaper, more affordable properties- in regional areas at least. That’s what the REI’s say- particularly first home buyers have been buying in more regional areas (for example, in QLD, such as ipswich area, as that’s the only places they can afford.

Please explain how it’s easier to buy cheaper properties now with high yields? [?]
    I reason that it is easier to buy cheaper properties now because people worry about interest rate rise and wait for opportunity. Therefore, when properties listed on the market not many buyer show up, vendor getting nervous and will accept the first one or two offer. This is not alway the case.

The reason that you haven’t heard of any major downturn in prices for properties in regional or rural areas because not every regional or rural areas is going down.

Has you ever heard when just one area is booming? of course not, but yes you will heard sydney is booming because majority of sydney is booming that is why.

All the information regarding slow down in properties price is base on the area that I am purchasing only.

kay henry

Warm Regards

Chan Dollars
    [The bridge between where you are right now & where you want to be tomorrow is knowledge]

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi everyone,
    sharing really does not cost anything, infact it can make you feel alot richer.

cheers

Profile photo of BQuachBQuach
    Participant
    @bquach

Hi guys…this is my first post and new to everything about property investments. Looking for some good tips and advice from the wealth of knowledge in these forums.

In response to this post I think any time would be a good time to buy as long as ur looking in the right places and areas. There are areas in some states where the market is still growing. For example areas in Queensland are still going up so if ur looking for capital gain for the next 2-5 years that’ll be the place to look.

I’m wondering if there are anyone in Queensland here that could confirm this. i have a source that says that Coomera is the best place to buy. Any confirmation on this?

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of judijudi
    @judi

Yeah guys, any confirmation for BQuach?

[?]

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Chan

<<<<which soon makes a -ve gear become very -ve -ve -ve gear. So I believe anytime is a good time to buy.>>>>

Even with ve- properties, the time to buy is when you can afford it. Time in the market is the key.

Do you do ve+ investing full time? I believe Ve+ investing is a full time job. My main job is well paid so I am after quality properties that will grow in the future. I dont have time to drive for hours and I dont need the hassle distance.

As someone said in a previous post, who wants a property with no growth that returns $2-5k per year, when a growth property goes up $20k a year. You tell me who is better off in the long run?

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Yack,

Given that you have been around for a while, you’d *know* the past performance doesn’t indicate future performance. Will your properties continue to grow at 20k per annum for the coming years? Remember, there’s new people on this forum, and I think they benefit from a shot of reality, as much as from past success stories. If you buy *now* and hold a property for a number of years, I think you’ll find the gains will be more modest than a 20k return per year, although it depends on the price yhou pay initially. Guess a multi-million dollar property will find 20k gains a blip in the ocean views…

Having properties far from oneself doesn’t mean much “hassle” if you have good PM’s. I am not sure that drive-by’s are a necessary part of property investing these days. If we had shares in a company, would we need that company to be in our neighbourhood? All matters relating to property can be dealt with by a good property manager.

kay henry

Profile photo of T.P.T.P.
    @t.p.

Any times a good time if the numbers add up.
    Just because it`s +`ve doesn`t mean there will be no capital gain,depends where you buy.Gets back to research,profits in the buying.

Regards Terry

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hello all, thanks for useful information.

Kay Henry – just wandering Why Geraldton, I thought this was a DEAD area, have I got this wrong??

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.