All Topics / Finance / Seeking advice on financifirst investment property

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of singharoosingharoo
    @singharoo

Hi, I have about 40% equity in my home, and I’d like to buy an investment property. But don’t know where to start. What do I need to do on the finances front before I go looking at properties or bid at auctions?

Thanks
    Singharoo

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I would strongly recommend you speak to your broker or lender to find out exactly what you qualify for.

If you choose not to use a broker you need to ensure you contact quite a number of lenders as they will all lend you different amounts.

All the best,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Tasman PropertyTasman Property
    Participant
    @tasman-property

singharoo, get your finances pre-approved (esp. if you are looking at auction sales). This means talking to a bank or mortgage broker as MH says and getting a letter from them saying that you can borrow (say) up to $200,000.

Normally this letter will also say what other conditions you need to meet, eg the finance offer will be subject to the lender seeing the contract, and probably a copy of the lease or a rental appraisal (to confirm the income from the property you are looking at).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.