All Topics / General Property / I haven’t sent out this email !

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian

Hi there,

Your message

To: [email protected]
    Subject: moin
    Sent: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:45:51 -0500

did not reach the following recipient(s):
    [email protected] on Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:45:58 -0500
    The recipient name is not recognized
    The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=us;a=
    ;p=aig;l=XLIVIMC010403120345GNGLCFRV
    MSEXCH:IMS:AIG:AIGDC-Hub1:XLIVIMC01 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

I haven’t sent out a email like this, but I got a return emil like this, do you think I got a virus in my computer? But i ready have Zonealarm and the most update PC-cillin in my computer, I tried to use Pc-cillin scan all hard drives, but notthing was found!

Could you give me some idea?

Regards
    Julian[8)]
    THERE IS ALWAYS A BETTER WAY!

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

The netsky virus is currently doing the rounds in many guises. It spoofs (pretends to be) from various addresses it finds in infected people’s emails and hard drives. This may be from a virus email to someone else pretending to be you, that person no longer exists at that address or whaever, so you get the return email.Ensure your virus checkers definitions are up to date and never ever open any attachment you haven’t scanned first. Even if it’s from your mother….maybe PARTICULARLY if its from your mother.

[:p]

edit addition: if you use outlook or outlook express or any form of microsoft windows operating system, make sure you using “update windows” regularily

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Julian,

Someone else with both your email addresses in their address book has the virus.

It is common for a virus to send emails to people in the address book made to look as though they are from other people in that address book. These emails try to infect more people.

The virus has ben detected and a warning email sent to the originator. As the originator is made out to be you – you got the warning!

Don’t panic.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of kalonikaloni
    @kaloni

Hi Julian
    I use Norton for Virus
    Sygate Personal Firewall pro
    ALSO
    I have Spysweeper runing
    AND another proggie you should get is
    Anti Trojan
    can never be too carefull

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

ahh, sorry, don’t waste your time or money with norton anti-virus, it has been the biggest waste of time ad money thats for sure, i would like to save other ppl going through the pain and misery of it. i will get back here as soon as i can with the link to AVG, its a free anit-virus program, it is really good, it picked up viruses that norton didn’t.

ill ge tback here as soon as i can find the link [;)]

Cheers Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Julian,

My Norton Antivirus detect 3 to 4 virus sent to me everyday for the last 2-3 weeks. It is the netsky virus doing the round and someone I know who got my email address in there address book got infected….

Update your antivirus now…

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [The bridge between where you are right now & where you want to be tomorrow is knowledge]

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

I agree
    I had nortons, updated reg, it missed the virus.
    I downloaded AVG and its free it picked up right away and Im done.
    all clear

elves

Profile photo of ActTodayActToday
    Participant
    @acttoday

I have been using AVG since my previous software missed a virus a few years back. My ISP provides a scanning service but this past two weeks has missed several infected e.mails, all of which have been caught by AVG. It really is a terrific free program.[^]

If I knew then what I know now……….you know how it goes

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

http://www.grisoft.com = AVG site

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    [;)]

Profile photo of painterpainter
    @painter

Hi Guys and Gals,
    I have found the same sort of message in my inbox too, saying that I sent it originally, I did not. I also have norton anti virus and it has not picked up anything. Am off to hunt down the AVG, it sounds good.

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Can you have two anti-virus softwares running at the same time? iE: Nortins and AVG? I currenlty have Nortin’s and it has been picking up 3 to4 virus each day, have no reason to think it’s missed anything, however reading above makes me wonder….so can you have two running or do you have to delete one to run the other?

Profile photo of Mick NelsonMick Nelson
    @mick-nelson

Ive been NAV for the past 2 years and havent had a problem, only once when i wasnt running it.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by PurpleKiss:

Can you have two anti-virus softwares running at the same time? iE: Nortins and AVG? I currenlty have Nortin’s and it has been picking up 3 to4 virus each day, have no reason to think it’s missed anything, however reading above makes me wonder….so can you have two running or do you have to delete one to run the other?

as far as I know I don’t think you can, but I could be wrong.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [The bridge between where you are right now & where you want to be tomorrow is knowledge]

Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian
    Originally posted by **PropertyGuRu**:

http://www.grisoft.com = AVG site

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    [;)]

Thanks PG, I hope it help me,
    I tell you later [:I]

Regards
    Julian[8)]

@julian
    Originally posted by Chan$:

Originally posted by PurpleKiss:

as far as I know I don’t think you can, but I could be wrong.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars

I download teh AVG version 6 .0 free edition It seemly it dosen’t work !
    I already have ZoneAlarm Firewall & updated Pc-cillin there,
    [xx(]
    Any ideas?[:(]

Cheers
    Julian
    [8)]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Julian, I think your system should be clean. As Mortgage Hunter said, someone has your email address, and this other person’s, and so you get the reject email.

I’ve got the same setup as you, and had a couple of similar messages in the past week, but have not sent any emails out.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi all,

A tip for all – wait for your live update to complete the process before you open up your email programs. This way you have a greater chance of being fully protected before you open any emails.

Derek

[email protected]

@julian
    Originally posted by Derek:

Hi all,

A tip for all – wait for your live update to complete the process before you open up your email programs. This way you have a greater chance of being fully protected before you open any emails.

Derek

[email protected]

Hi Derek,
    I got the most update Pc-Cillin and Zona alarm firewall, what can i so next?

Cheers
    Julian [worried]

Profile photo of kalonikaloni
    @kaloni
    Originally posted by Derek:

Hi all,

Derek

ALSO make sure that you set the real time protection to on
    otherwise the only way it will detect the virus
    is when you do a scan

[email protected]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Agreed with kaloni, my PC-Cilin is set for real time, and kicks in every time my email program looks for emails.

It’s found a couple of viruses that way, which is certainly handy.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.