All Topics / Heads Up! / Steve Live

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Profile photo of judijudi
    @judi
    Originally posted by SteveMcKnight:

Hi Jay,

The policy is this way as a previously more liberal approach was blatantly abused.

We feel this is fair. It gives the participant a chance to see what’s on offer and also sets a deadline for making a decision.

As for comments by others – if you feel the cost is too high then it’s simple… don’t come.

Have a great day.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Hi Steve
    I wonder, after having bought “buyer beware” if your previous approach was ‘blatantly abused’ or wether the product (seminar) was outdone (so to speak) by the marketing. I’ve cut and pasted a previous reply of mine that I posted in response to a question about buyer beware.

“I recently bought buyer beware and my intitial reaction was one of disappointment. The templates in particular were far below what I had expected from the advertising. Although I haven’t bought many properties, I have looked at and analysed quite a few, so a lot of what is in buyer beware is not new to me. Also a lot is just extrapolating on the book (0 – 130…..). However, as I worked my way through the book, I did find some pearls of wisdom which, I think, made the purchase worth while. As such (and because the templates are much more nicely formatted than mine and I want to use them), I have kept the pack. It sounds like it will be useful to you as it seems you have not looked at many IP’s, but the fact is, whether or not it will help you depends on your past experience and knowledge and prior reading. This is a risk free investment though as it comes with a money back guarantee. I feel confident in recommending this pack to you.”

I have no doubt that all of your products are useful and fairly priced (sometimes under priced depending on a persons prior experience and learning)for a lot of people, however to some people, it could seem that you’re selling the sizzle and not the sausage. These people could quite reasonably expect their money back.

Kind regards
    Judi

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr

If you are looking at the potential returns that any investment can make, then getting $1000 back through applying some of the information that would be presented at this seminar would make it look cheap.

Hope that makes sense.
    James

Profile photo of judijudi
    @judi

Hi James
    That makes perfect sense. I made more or less the same point myself [:)]

It’s just not great value if you already had that information from other sources and/or could get it for much less.

Regards
    Judi

Profile photo of healy6healy6
    @healy6

Steve and Dave

Will you guys be doing the conference in W A as well, I’ll go for sure…

Profile photo of IncognitoIncognito
    @incognito

As a postscript to this lengthy discussion!

I just got back from Melbourne (I’m in Sydney)- the seminar was great, very informative, thought provoking and really interesting. Steve & Dave (and the rest of their team) were very approachable and accessible.

I’m just starting out and I didn’t make the decision to go lightly – $1k is $1k. But I’m determined that it will prove worth it!

Steve, Dave & team – thank you, and for those I met – it was lovely to meet you![:D]

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Leigh

Are you part of that team?

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Yack

Yes I was. Actually my husband and I were! Along with a number of MAP participants that did Q&A sessions for everyone.

It was a great day, long hard work, but great fun, met great people and EVEN learnt something.

It was especially surprising to see areas covered that I know Steve hasn’t done before. With the introduction of new technology – out with the old and in with the new!

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way.

Profile photo of beerboybeerboy
    Participant
    @beerboy

steve
    if u come to perth to do a seminar.
    i will do security work for u free of charge .
    as long as i get to listen.b/boy

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

[biggrin]I won’t call myself ‘MASTER’ so I obviously won’t call everyone ‘LITTLE GRASSHOPPER’! My point? As to ‘was the seminar worth the $1000?’ Stupid comments like that only reflect on how ‘stupid’ I was spending ‘THOUSANDS’ on my Uni education! All of that money only served to deny me the best education, ‘FINANCIAL EDUCATION’!!!! For all those who read the proverb at the start of Steve’s book and then went on to read the rest of the book makes me wonder why you quibble over the cost? Cheers Steve, it was an excellent day!

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Gatsby and others…

Your point is right….. If ya gonna quible about $1000 education, then, don’t bother, as you ain’t gonna make it in this investment line…

I’m from IT, where on many occassions I have spent 3-4k for a 3 day course…. was it worth it… ? Hell yes…..

Now I wish I was in a location that Steve was presenting in…. $ 1k is peanuts….[lmao]

Put it this way… I spent a few $$ on Rick’s wrap pack ( Sorry Steve, didn’t know you had a pack at the time…. ) It cost me a decent amount….Have I made a return on that….. YOU BET [cap]

Whilst I do my homework on a course or seminar, I fail to see the loss in a $1k seminar….. 15k Seminar – FISHY….. but 1k….. folks… GET REAL……

Scott

Pelican Investments
    http://www.pelican-invest.com

Profile photo of Rebecca1Rebecca1
    @rebecca1

<<Deleted as a personal jibe>>

Profile photo of JesseelstakJesseelstak
    @jesseelstak

Hi ,
    I am surprise to find so many comments and so much reading time is spent on critique. I come to this site to find people who are like minded in relation to property investing. To learn from them and to share the experiences with them. But instead I come across debates about TV, the price of a seminar. I own a company which sells a premium product, this product is not for everybody, we do not force people to buy, but those who do make their own choice and we add value. I went to the seminar, I was expecting a fish, but was told how to fish and encouraged to go out and catch fish. I am looking for people who are likeminded. I want to know how you did it and what your victories were, what did you do wrong so I can learn.

Jesse Elstak

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi Jesseelstak

Welcome to the forum.

I second your thoughts, however the forum is still part of the real world and is therefore made up of many different types of people with different beliefs providing the wide a varied group that we have here.

On the forum you will find there are a few particular people that really like a good bitey debate and others that want the case studies, and background info, you need to avoid the bits that seem wingey and capitalise on the other information.

You will also find that there are some topics on the forum that are on the same list as religion and politics, negative gearing view point and price of seminars. Don’t let the debate detract from your learning experience here.

Cheers
    Leigh K[biggrin]

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Well put Leigh. It is a fairly diverse group of members, from anti-wrap crusaders to pro-wrap crusaders, CF+ to -ve geared, buy and hold to build and sell.

It takes all sorts, and it keeps things a little fresher than 30,000 one eyed zealots. Avoid getting caught up in some of the arguments and use it to learn (always remembering to double-check with professionals before following advice) rather than to convert to your viewpoint and it will be rewarding.

Nick.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by LeighK:

Hi Jesseelstak

Welcome to the forum.

I second your thoughts, however the forum is still part of the real world and is therefore made up of many different types of people with different beliefs providing the wide a varied group that we have here.

On the forum you will find there are a few particular people that really like a good bitey debate and others that want the case studies, and background info, you need to avoid the bits that seem wingey and capitalise on the other information.

You will also find that there are some topics on the forum that are on the same list as religion and politics, negative gearing view point and price of seminars. Don’t let the debate detract from your learning experience here.

Cheers
    Leigh K[biggrin]

Leigh,

You forget the fun bit ie. Forum Frolic where all the fun and excitement happenning at the same time.

I like to have fun, but at the same time learning and investing.

Good luck and have a nice day!

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of JenniferkJenniferk
    @jenniferk

Well I for one enjoy the diversity of the forum boards. I’m getting a varied perspective on topics and issues. Some of the responses even make me laugh…out loud.[biggrin]

At the end of the day, reading all the different perspectives actually empowers me with more information and choice.

yours eternally greatful,

Jen

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry
    Originally posted by ANUBIS:

Well put Leigh. It is a fairly diverse group of members, from anti-wrap crusaders to pro-wrap crusaders, CF+ to -ve geared, buy and hold to build and sell.

It takes all sorts, and it keeps things a little fresher than 30,000 one eyed zealots. Avoid getting caught up in some of the arguments and use it to learn (always remembering to double-check with professionals before following advice) rather than to convert to your viewpoint and it will be rewarding.

Nick.

Nick! There you go again with one of your lucid replies! And yes, I agree with you that diversity is king!

Jennifer, glad you’re enjoying the forum :o) You’re probably getting to see some of the different characters on here too. It’s a good chilled out place, mostly, and I think the fairly relaxed nature of this place makes many of us feel comfortable here :o)

kay henry

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

The overwhelming sentiment from this thread is that people seem to begrudge Steve and Dave charging for a seminar, even just in general there seems to be a begrudging of others making money, perhaps.
    I find the best cure of this ‘you’ve got way too much and I’ve got less, you’ve got some of mine! i want more!’ vibe which is ‘fear and lack’ thinking rather than ‘abundance’ thinking – is to start making money yourself.

You choose – either pick an expert who’s done it and do what’s required to learn from them – either by paying someone such as with a seminar, book, video, etc – or by forming a mentor-mentee relationship where both help eachother. Or else, just get off your arse and get in the real world and learn by your own experience. All are valid. it’s not a crime to do a seminar. As long as there’s demand and it’s ‘worth doing’ for Steve and Dave, I’m sure they’ll continue to put them on. I was bummed i couldn’t make it, but I had to go off and be a rock star in tokyo for ten days. (haha. it’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it, and it may as well be me…hee hee)

Yah so, nobody’s forcing anyone to do anything, if you don’t want to go, don’t go. But why rubbish a) people who do want to go and b) the seminar organisers themselves?

It’s a business. I wouldn’t be bothered to run a seminar for free, because nobody would value it anyway!

I’ve found that in my general business life. Mostly i charge quite a bit for my services. Occasionally, I offer a day here and there for free to help a project. Guess when I get the most cancellations and no-shows? Right.
    When clients pay me, well, for my services and time, they show up on the dot of their appointment.

Sorry, bit of a tangent there. but I am delving into why people really have a problem with others doing well? is it because they aren’t? And they feel jealous? they feel they must be crooks? they feel like ‘i’ve worked just as hard so why aren’t i there? (bitterness) – etc etc

Just ditch all that stuff, and get on with your own investing, you’ll be sooooo much happier, guaranteed. Leave others to their journeys. Try to become so busy building your own castles and making your own grand plans that you literally don’t have time to ponder and judge the lives of others, or evaluate and compare yourselves to others as if life’s some wierd competition (fear and lack). Concentrate on getting up in the morning and putting your time into making plans, achieving goals, and less into running down the next guy.

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

None begrudges Steve and Dave for the seminars. Its all market driven and priced accordingly. Lets see what the price and demand is in 2-3 years.

What most of us dont understand is what you get out of a high priced seminar that you dont get out of doing it yourself and by reading a few books on the subject.

We dont need to be told we are jealous or not successful in what we have done. Ve+ is just one of many property stratgies.

All the successful property investors, builders, developers, renovators I know never attended a seminar.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

yack,

the issue is..(debating-speak-)

‘that seminars are not worth the money and can’t teach you anything you can’t learn just as well by doing it yourself. That people who go to seminars are no more successful than people who do not’.

I am arguing against …ok here we go…

“What most of us dont understand is what you get out of a high priced seminar that you dont get out of doing it yourself and by reading a few books on the subject.”

seminars aren’t a substitute for doing it yourself, but they are great if you haven’t done it yet, are a bit scared or clueless. like I was a year ago and look at me now. Wahey!

saved a bunch of mistakes by leveraging off someone else that’s done it. seminars are not the only way, but a quick way.

‘We dont need to be told we are jealous or not successful in what we have done. Ve+ is just one of many property stratgies.’

Yeah, I know, I’m actually using two other property investing strategies myself Steve teaches, apart from buy and hold +ve CF.

Steve teaches at least 6 strategies, but just not negative gearing.

>All the successful property investors, builders, >developers, renovators I know never attended a >seminar.

Builder, without attending a seminar? That’s splitting hairs. They have to do a long apprenticeship and training to become builders.

Renovators?
    I’m not saying you have to do a reno seminar before you can renovate, just that I bet if you had two people who’d never renovated and one did a 2K reno kings seminar first and the other didn’t, the time and money the seminared one would save I BET would be more than the cost of the seminar itself, because they would be more organised, time efficient, and they’d just me more ‘briefed’ than the other person, who I bet would be slower, and less organised and have more things they hadn’t counted on happen, and be more likely to overspend.

The seminared people could have probably even called up the reno kings if they had a spot of bother and got advice.

And besides to further disagree with you, many of the gurus I know of did seminars. tony Barton did. Steve and Dave did. Robert Kiyosaki did.
    Phil Jones and David Hows did. Brad Sugar did.
    henry Kaye did. (well i don;t know that, but i figure, he must have even just as ‘market research!’) And of course having done the seminar myself and met 120 odd property investors there as well, many of whom are now friends, all of them did.

oh blah blah.

i predict you will reply with your usual ‘I just don’t think that there’s anything a seminar could teach me, and I so don’t think they are worth it’

and the reason that so gets up my nose, is that it’s the voice of a know-it-all. and when i meet one of those i am just so tempted to…hassle the hell out of them.

Are we still all having fun? *claps hands in glee*
    I so love a debate!

mini

Oh here’s another argument for my debating team:
    Let’s say you want to learn origami. Sure, you can read a book, following the diagrams and read the theory. A bit slow and painful though. Sure you can just grab the paper and make it up. Lots of fun but heaps of crumpled ‘mistakes’.! But one hour with someone that knows a few moves and shows and tells you, and you’re likely to be sooooo much further down the track than others. Playing the piano, ditto. Sure you can teach yourself. but a session with someone who actually knows how to play and shows you, priceless!
    Take those couple of licks you learned home and build on them…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.