All Topics / General Property / Top areas Brisbane 200k 1ST Home buyer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of SMARTMONEYSMARTMONEY
    @smartmoney

CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON ANY GOOD PROPERTY AREAS TO START PORTFOLIO FOR FIRST HOME BUYER ONLY WISHING TO SPEND AROUND 200K.I HAVE HEARED THAT LOGAN IS TIPPED TO BE QUITE A GOOD ACHEIVER THIS YEAR.
    THANKS

Profile photo of BernardBernard
    Participant
    @bernard

Smartmoney
    What Country/ State are you hoping to buy in. Do you want pos: or neg: geared props. With a bit more info I’m sure the right advise will come forward.

Regards

Bernard

Profile photo of ginamarreeginamarree
    @ginamarree

Hi, I lived in Logan for 18 years, I would personally only buy a ppor in areas of Logan such as : Springwood, Rochedale, underwood, Cornubia, parts of Daisy Hill, Shailer park, Tanah Merah, Logalholme / Logandale, Kimberly Park, Maquarie Park etc.
    But it would be quite hard to find a property in these areas for around 200k – maybe a unit though[:I]
    Just check with the local agents[:)]
    Hope this helps

Cheers
    Ginamarree[:D]

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

ther are a few places around daisy and shailer park as well.
    Logan has already seen a huge increase, even in slacks creek and marsden areas, the properties are not lasting long there either…others waterford….

you would have been able to buy around 160 not long ago for 1600 blocks with house, not now.

some say head ipswich way

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Logan, Ipswich, Deception Bay, Inala – all have under 200K properties. need to decide where you want to live… Logan – newer brick places available (by that I mean 80’s on – I grew up there: Ipswich has a train line direct to Brisbane CBD (40mins tops): Inala is Brisbane 14-18ks from CBD: Deception bay is north of Brisvegas by about 25-30 Ks but is on the bay side – lot’s of choices!!!!!!

YOu could also probably rent the place out for up to 11 months, move in for six (within twelve months of buying) and then rent it out again – I think you would then qualify for FHOG!

Cheers[:)]

Castle Dreamer

(You’ll never go wrong if you never go anywhere – have a go!”

Profile photo of fostonfoston
    @foston

I live in Logan at the moment and bought our current ppor for $115k in September, private sale, got a good deal and needs renovating, nothing for that price now though..There are still some good houses to be bought in the $175k to $200k range if you look around.
    Cheers
    Foston

Profile photo of SMARTMONEYSMARTMONEY
    @smartmoney

Ive looked around, there is a urban renewal commission house about 800m to bay for around 205 000.homes in marsdon,woodridge and some logan,loganlea, any preferances in these locations ,also crime,unemployment etc.thanks all……

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.