All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying property in NZ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ziggy9372ziggy9372
    @ziggy9372

I am buying property in NZ.
    I need to know the following.
    We have set up a hybrid discretionary trust in Australia.
    Have taken equity out of our ppr’s and will take finance outin NZ.
    Do we taken the loan out in the trusts name,or do we take the loan out in our own names?

Ziggy

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Ziggy, from everything I have read/heard, you would be wise to actually set up a trust in NZ and put the properties in that entities name.

Need to have good accountant both here and there, and they need to talk to each other as NZ investing brings up all sorts of tax rules in relation to bringing money back etc.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi Ziggy,

look up ‘Members’ on the left – then look up ‘Westan’ – send him a message – he is a member of Property Investing but deals with a lot of property in NZ and he use to be here in Australia. He will know about all your requests.

Kind Regards,
    George.

Profile photo of Ricksters12Ricksters12
    @ricksters12

Hi Ziggy,

I agree with George 110% about contacting Westan. He is very helpful and will help you to get all the contacts you need in NZ.
    Im at the moment receiving listed properties in NZ fm Westan and his been great so far providing me with all the details I need.
    Good Luck!!!
    Ricksters12

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.