All Topics / Heads Up! / Turnbull v Burley

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

G’day all,

Just a quick opinion from anyone who has read either “Money Secrets of the Rich” or similr by Burley or “How to be a property millionaire” buy Craig Turnbull.

I’m looking for a book which discuss “creative financing” techniques.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I have been told that Burleys book comes highly recommended by Steve McKnight….but not sure if it covers Creative Financing

Cheers,

Battz

Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian

Hey,
    What do you think those two books?

Julian [8)]

THERE IS ALWAYS A BETTER WAY!

Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

G’day Julian,

Sorry i wasn’t very clear in my original post. I haven’ t got either yet.

Cheers,

Battz

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

I would hearlty recommend John Burleys book – it could literally save you thousands. While it dosen’t have that many “creative financing” techniques it will give you solid level 4. I cannot tell you how important it is to understand the steps as you could be doing very creative level 5 dealings but blow it all because you base is so poor (i.e. your base is level 4, where you take control of insurance, super, how to pay off all consumer debt inc. house in 5yrs, how to really take control of your own finances, etc).

If your wanting to get rich quick without real work (i.e. getting level 4 down pat) it won’t probably interest you…. If thats your plan all I can wish you is good luck. Otherwise it is a fantastic read.

I have never read any of Turnbull’s books, so I can’t really comment about them…

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of Roberthb2001Roberthb2001
    Participant
    @roberthb2001

Would also recommend John Burley’s book. It is more directed towards the available options you have rather than any specific strategies – although the edition I havew is somewhat dated content waise (some of the organisaiotns mentioned have merged, gone out of business). But structure wise, a good starting point

Robert H Bromwich
    Brisbane Queensland

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi there,
    I would also like to add that I recommend John Burley his book is excellent, I picked it up at the library some time ago.He opens your eyes to the various options/strategies available.

Craig Turnbull I purchased this book quite some time ago, and all I can remember was it was quite ordinary and a waste of money. I learnt zip from this book.[:(]

Cheers,

Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

Thanks for all your views guys!

I’d say Mr Burley got the thumbs up, so I’ll grab a copy today and get into it!

Cheers,

Battz

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Battz, for creative financing, I would seriously look at ‘Creating Wealth’ ($24.95 from Dymocks) by Robert Allen – the author also of Nothing Down (From Dymocks.com.au – Nothing Down:How to Buy Real Estate with Little or No Money Down (Revised ed) – $49.95 No Money down for the 90’s)

Not readily available in bookstores, but easy to order in.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

I found Craig Turnbull’s book to be quite good and informative especially compared to the dross from Somers and Bell. How many chapters can they stretch to on the basic premise of if you pay more off your loan you will pay it out faster – rocket science!

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

You can buy the Nothing Down book on ebay.com.au

kay henry

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Why not buy one every two weeks because you only need 2 weeks to read one book.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Check out the library too.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.