All Topics / Help Needed! / Wrap Deposits- At What Cost

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of BernardBernard
    Participant
    @bernard

I am yet to do my first wrap but do have tennants in neg: geared props that would go along with it if I approached them. To make it worth-wile to me initially do I try to get a decent deposit from them. I’m thinking if they can afford a decent deposit, can they get their own finance from a lender apart from me.
    To me it’s still important to have a win/win happening, all of my tennants so far are ‘the tennants from heaven’. I dont want to do the wrong thing by them but also want to gain myself. Am I looking at this whole scenerio the wrong way?

Regards

Bernard

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Bernard, if your tenants had big deposits they should definitely be able to get normal financing. I would only offer the deal to them if they for some reason couldn’t obtain normal financing, and really wanted to buy a house.

I think it wouldn’t be too good if they took you up on a deal, paid above market, and a higher rate, and then found that they could have got standard financing, and bought a cheaper property. Unhappy wrappees!!

You could perhaps offer them the traditional ‘vendor finance’ of a 2nd mortgage, at a higher rate than standard. this way they get the bulk of the funds from a traditional lender, and you lend them the rest. You get some cash, and some income on your loan to them this way.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.