All Topics / Legal & Accounting / My Credit File

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hey Guys,

not sure, if all of you know about http://www.mycreditfile.com.au but, have you guys checked your one recently???

just out of curiosity if you havent, i just checked mined about 15 mins ago, and there is nothing listed on there at all, not a single loan application or credit card is listed. If you guys havent checked it, it might be ideal too…

Goodluck to all,

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hey SIS, I don’t see how that can be true for yours? surely you should have many loans etc. listed? What’s the go?

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

SIS,
    What do you mean you checked 15 mins ago, it takes them 10 days to send your report out (if you requested the free one anyway), or did you mean that you just received your report. My has each loan listed as expected. My sister though, had nothing on her report under the correct spelling, however, with her name spelt incorrectly, it had everything listed. Is it possible your information could be under a mispelt version of your name?

Regards
    PK

Profile photo of YoungInvestorYoungInvestor
    Participant
    @younginvestor
    What do you mean you checked 15 mins ago, it takes them 10 days to send your report out (if you requested the free one anyway), or did you mean that you just received your report.

Where do you get “the free one”?

Steve.

“Knowledge is Power”

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Me Too… FREE ONE ???

WASSSUP S.I.S ?

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

nah i order the premium package, where they fax it to you directly and also send you an automatic email alert if anyone checks your credit file, or if an application is made on it, takes between 15 mins to 1 working day to recieve, but definetly is worth the money. its about $40 a year, with the email alerts but is definetly worth its value, the free one, takes anywhere up to 1 – 10 days to recieve by mail, but doesnt offer the email alert, but it really just depends, on what information you just want to require.

heres the site http://www.mycreditfile.com.au

honestly there is nothing listed, actually the only thing listed on the file is a credit card application, that i applied long ago for a student credit card for $500, but actually i was quite surprised as no other loan applications were shown or detailed, the other funny thing to is, that for my mothers credit file to, hers is shown the same, my only guess is that, i know my mother has a very strong and good relationship with our relationship loan officer (their sorta best friends) and that she may have not list any of the loan applications.

its all good news and news to be happy about.

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

When you apply for credit, if there are different addresses or the spelling of your name is slightly different, they will assume a different person.

Unless the application for credit also includes a license number requirement, then if they have that on file, they may be able to trace different applications.

James

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

James is correct. some (unscrupulus?) people change the spelling in their names slightly. It helps if you have a space in your name or a hyphen.

Also some banks do not do a cra check if under a certain lvr.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of ginamarreeginamarree
    @ginamarree

Hi,
    I agree with Terryw, you would be amazed at what lenghts people go to , to try and fudge their details when applying for credit.
    I work in vehicle finance and I do anywhere from five to twenty credit checks a day and quite often people will have possible matches and cross references, this can be because they are trying to do a dodgy or that a previous financier may have entered their details incorrectly,It is fairly easy though to tell that even with other matches etc that the people are one and they same.

Ginamarree[:D]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.