All Topics / Finance / Credit Unions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of LeswonLeswon
    @leswon

What are peoples opinions on borrowing from Credit Unions (namely CUA) in comparison to banks?
    Kind Regards
    Les

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Credit union loans should be considered along with banks. I doubt there are any really significant difference with a major CU and a bank.

The smaller CUs generally focus on consumer lending and their property loans sometimes aren’t as competitive.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of ezy.home.loans23320ezy.home.loans23320
    @ezy.home.loans23320

I have a credit union I use their rates are a little higher, but their criterior for lending is easier
    so I guess it depends on what you are looking for
    what interest you the most? interest rates or finding some one who is willing to lend to you.they lend to sole parents, age pensionera, disability pensioners,
    good credit rating through to bad credit ratings
    nothing is free you have to pay the piper

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I am not sticking up for the banks guys but the thought struck me : “If Credit Unions are so easy with their lending criteria doesn’t that place their money at a greater risk ?”

In other words, is one’s money on deposit in a Credit Union at greater risk than it would be in a bank ?

Pisces

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.