All Topics / General Property / NZ Buying…Is it worth it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Rachel77Rachel77
    @rachel77

Hi,
    I’m new to all this and have read in some posts that there are many more +ve cashflow properties in NZ. Is this true? What are the downfalls with buying there if you live in Aus, apart from the obvious ones regarding distance? I am originally from there and have heaps of relos still living there but I didnt even think of the option to buy there. Do you have to pay two lots of tax, how does it work with all that stuff? Anyone know? Appreciate any ideas on the topic.
    Rachel.

Profile photo of judijudi
    @judi

Hi Rachel
    There have been some previous posts about this if you want to do a search. From what I understand, you arrange finance here the same as you would to buy in Australia. CGT doesn’t apply in NZ but if you bring the money into oz, you pay tax here.

I don’t think it matters about distance although I know some people like to buy in their local area.

Regards
    Judi

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Rachel

Contact Westan with a pivate message and have a chat with him. He is sourcing property in NZ for Australian investors.

He has moved to NZ to purposely buy property.

There are many postings on NZ. Use the search function.

Also log onto http://www.propertytalk.co.nz and have a look. There is a wealth of info on there as well.

I have already hosted about 5 Australians who have come to NZ to buy IPs.

I am meeting another one on the 15 March.

Regards

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>I have already hosted about 5 Australians who have come to NZ to buy IPs.<<

Is that all meals or bed and breakfast only ? [:)]

Pisces

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Pisces

It is the real 15 star treatment.

No, really basic bed and breakfast. They are looking for property and getting the feel for the areas which have +cash flow properties so they don’t hang around too long during the day.

One of Steve’s mappers has stored some boxes with me until he gets set up properly.

When are you coming over?
    Come and try Propertytalk’s chatroom one night?

Regards

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Rachel77,

In the process of doing some reserach on NZ myself and pleasantly surprised with some of the opportunities being presented.

The website that muppet refers to is a good one as well. You will see plenty of questions from Australians doing the same thing.

James

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.