All Topics / General Property / MT Druitt NSW

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Personally, I too had the same feeling Re the M7, but I went on the tack that if it is joining 2 parts, go for the middle-problem is, all those houses in that area are 800k plus, minimum of 2.5acres. Yes, they will be subdivided in the next decade or two, but now? would be massively neg geared. Also, nothing (okay, almost nothing) is for sale cause everyone knows it will be worth much more in three years time after the m7 opens.

Shit, I wish I had thought about that just after it was in the planning stage.

Checked out one property down there- looked brilliant, but was an absolute dog

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by elves:

They say the M7 will cost about 25c a km to use making it one of the most expensive.

It will have a large impact on areas where traffic is already bottlenecked and the ‘parking lot’ syndrome. The m4 is like this daily.

It will divert traffic from some of these places
    It should shorten travel times (but only if you travel in the directions it uses to get you where you want to go.) – but then you wouldnt be on it otherwise.

People are already talking about how good it will be, how property prices will increase (all about proximity to and access to work, roads etc.

Personally I prefer to live away from traffic and roads and work ;-)

[}:)] road rage gets me

elves

Regarding all the motorway like m4, m5, eastern distribution, harbour bridge… if you have e-way tag then you will travel for free except you have to pay for GST that’s all. I would assume it will be the same for m7. It’s will be silly if you don’t use e-way tag.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to Frolic Freedom!]

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

hate to disappoint the e tags….
    I dont use tolls
    I travel then exit strategically

M7 they say will be fully electronic eg no cash

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by elves:

hate to disappoint the e tags….
    I dont use tolls
    I travel then exit strategically

M7 they say will be fully electronic eg no cash

Very smart move Elves, but you will lose travel time if you do that. Why wouldn’t you if it is for free?

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to Frolic Freedom!]

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

Chan Im not always in a hurry to get there like some
    Free is one thing, but the M4 for instance…not worth that short distance (the toll section), but i tend to take other short cuts at times…if i need to

cheers[:)]

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan
    Quote:
    Regarding all the motorway like m4, m5, eastern distribution, harbour bridge… if you have e-way tag then you will travel for free except you have to pay for GST that’s all. I would assume it will be the same for m7. It’s will be silly if you don’t use e-way tag.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars

E-tags doin’t mean you travel for free on any motorway Chan$. The only motorway that you can get a refund on is the M4 or M5. You have to pay all the rest out of your own pocket I’m afraid.

I hate the fact that the NSW gov does not make it compulsory to have a e-tag. It works in Melbourne so well. I have travelled down there extensively and find it a breeze without any ‘toll plaza’s’.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

Profile photo of INCjohnINCjohn
    @incjohn

Rickster,
    In regard to the original query re tenants thrashing ur property, wouldn’t landlord’s insurance cover it?

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

Chan$, There is nigh-on zero chance that the M7 (or whatever they call it) will have toll rebated.

The reason the M4 and M5 have a rebate scheme is because in the 1995 state election Labor said that they’d remove the toll on the M4 and M5.

When they got the books from John Fahey’s Liberal government they used the “the incumbent cooked the books” exit clause and said that they couldn’t afford to drop the tolls.

To keep as many voters happy as possible, they said they will rebate the tolls (now minus GST) on the M4 and M5 for all motorists in a private vehicle registered in NSW.

I’ll take anyone’s money who wants to bet that the M7 will be toll free. Chan$?

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.