All Topics / General Property / MT Druitt NSW

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of Ricksters12Ricksters12
    @ricksters12

Hi Guys,

I have heard that its good to buy at MT Druitt area at this time because of the Orbital Project.
    Can I have your input on this?
    Thanks
    Ricky

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

What is the Orbital project ?

Pisces

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

The Western Sydney Orbital. It will connect the F5 (road to MEL) with the F3 (road to BNE) by skirting around the city and charging you $912 + GST in tolls.

Mt Druitt is far enough away from the physical road to avoid noise and traffic too much, but surely if you argue Mt Druitt will appreciate then you have to argue that just about every suburb in Western Sydney will go up.

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan
    Originally posted by Rubbachook:

The Western Sydney Orbital. It will connect the F5 (road to MEL) with the F3 (road to BNE) by skirting around the city and charging you $912 + GST in tolls.

What are they building it out of, titanium?

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

I guess it is called M7.

There’s also the proposal of building a huge park as big as Centenial Park or better some where around there as well.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to Frolic Freedom!]

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Except that Mt Druitt is considered the roughest place in Sydney and butt of all the jokes.

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Yes it’s pretty rough as far as I know, haven’t ever actually been there myself, but a friend’s friend bought a property there a couple of years back and had nothing but trouble, terrible trouble.
    Then again, the area may improve like bad areas do sometimes especially if values go up.
    I think there’s bad areas and better areas there anyway, so no doubt, as usual, researching is very important.[:)]

@rubbachook

Okay, so maybe the tolls are only gonna be around $10. Sorry, I used SIS’s accountant’s calculator.[:p]

As for all the “bad area” stuff, I don’t buy it. There are bad areas in Mosman (and by inference, good areas in…)

Profile photo of alpinaalpina
    Participant
    @alpina

my unqualified tip is to buy as close to the city as possible.

julie

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan
    Originally posted by Rubbachook:

As for all the “bad area” stuff, I don’t buy it. There are bad areas in Mosman (and by inference, good areas in…)

Can you fill me where the bad areas in Mosman are? I would really like to know.

Before you think I am being a total smartarse, we actually have an IP in the next suburb (Cremorne).

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

Profile photo of Esther TanEsther Tan
    Participant
    @thewizard

Most suburbs in Western Sydney are going up.

However what type of tennant do you want ? There are higher chances in attracting an unfavourable tenant in some places than others that could cause more damage to your property.

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

The prices in that area have increased tremendously, with surounding areas.

It has a bad name, some refer to it as the old mt druitt and the new….there are pockets of good and bad as with most places, eg North as opposed to south for location in some towns, or the TYPE of people that rent in an area.

Dont be fooled or gulliable- that a suburb is based on past bias….is not worth it.

A lot of these places have good sized blocks of land you dont find in newer areas and have the land value if not the house value. But if you are renting and there is a demand in that area, you might not be concerned with the house, but some people say that if your home is done up, it attracts a better ‘class’ of tenent….what ever that means…..

I know people that did well in houses bought in those areas….now sold.

Elves

Profile photo of INCjohnINCjohn
    @incjohn

Hi Rickster,

I actually live in Mt Druitt. It’s true that the area can be quite rough, so was most of Blacktown, which Mt Druitt is a part of, but improvements are showing.
    It used to be the place where all housing commissions used to be, not bagging the people in those houses, but if you think demographic’s important, there’s my 2 cents.
    However, with the structure of the Western Sydney Orbital, the prices have been skyrocketing.
    You could have bought a Brick Veneer, 3br, 600m2 block for under $200k 18mths ago, now it’s more like $300k.
    A lot of residential developments are going up, and Blacktown Marketown is expanding.
    It’s a nice place to live in now, crime rates have plummeted.
    It might be a good place for lease options or wraps coz most people I went to school with are renters, and so were their parents.
    Typically good with paying rents, but not good savers so they can’t get deposits.
    Sorry, didn’t mean to write a book on the subject
    INCjohn[^]

Profile photo of J A CJ A C
    @j-a-c

I have a friend with an investment property in mt druitt. ABout 12 months ago his tenant moved out. During the vacant period kids removed and smashed the roof tiles jumped in through the gyprock ceilings and then kicked the walls in and smashed the toilets.

And no this does not mean it cant happen else where and no it doesnt mean that people in mt druitt are bad but it may be that there is a greater chance of getting a tenant of the type you would not like in your IP.

And surrounding neighbours in certain areas you absolutly dnt want near your IP. And before anyone says im being unfair or dnt know what im talking about. I lived there for 15 years and could not wait to get out.

All im saying is that if you want to get the best out of the orbital link then look around there are loads of areas which will do very well from its completion and i think one of these would suit an IP much better.

Cheers

@elves

its a bit like places out Penrith….take old Mt Pleasant, nothing pleasnt about it, maybe its the suburbs with MT in it?

ANyway, they did a rename, called the new section Cranebrook, my goodness the houses have gone up, the cost out there…well there are sections, they say sherringham road..there is a cutoff, a point where it is more notorious and a point where it changes to become ‘better’

Blacktown, doonside and mt druitt are similar. Yes I lived in Blacktown too for a spell.

Thjose people are spenders, thats why they build big shopping centres, lots of lower sociao economic people who SPEND.

cheers

Lynn

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Ya never know- the orbital might make mt druitt the new paddington, right Pisces? [:)]

Whilst property prices have increased all over sydney, the demographic remains the same. Last thing you wanna do is have your property trashed repeatedly by tenants, particularly when that property costs you $300k plus.

Rickster, orbital or no orbital, my hit prediction for mt druitt is that CG is gonna be minimal. The other thing is that rents in those places are often onlz what you´d get in a regional city. Friend of mine just paid $250k for a house in st marys and she´s only getting $150 rental return per week.

kay henry

Profile photo of _se7en__se7en_
    @_se7en_

RugbyFan:

Mosman has rough areas, but they are dwindling as the Deparment of housing sells. They are mainly terrance type houses but there is the odd apartment block.

@rubbachook

Rugbyfan: My original post re Mosman used a big of artistic licnence to make a point.

i.e. Just as good areas have not so great parts, “bad” areas have good parts.

Profile photo of ShusharShushar
    @shushar

I’m curious as to why you would think the M7 will increase property prices.

The road is going to run north – south to try and divert traffic away from the “centre” of Sydney so it won’t make it any easier for people to commute to Sydney, Parramatta or Penrith.

It may also take traffic away from businesses (I’m thinking of Goulburn and how the highway deviation has impacted that town).

What do you see as good about it?

Shushar

“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney

@elves

They say the M7 will cost about 25c a km to use making it one of the most expensive.

It will have a large impact on areas where traffic is already bottlenecked and the ‘parking lot’ syndrome. The m4 is like this daily.

It will divert traffic from some of these places
    It should shorten travel times (but only if you travel in the directions it uses to get you where you want to go.) – but then you wouldnt be on it otherwise.

People are already talking about how good it will be, how property prices will increase (all about proximity to and access to work, roads etc.

Personally I prefer to live away from traffic and roads and work ;-)

[}:)] road rage gets me

elves

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.