All Topics / General Property / Building Construction Date

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of elviselvis
    @elvis

Hi,

Is it possible to enquire on the building construction date, say to the local council or government dept? (I live in wa)

regards
    Elvis

Profile photo of KewlDudeKewlDude
    @kewldude

Hi Elvis,

Welcome to the forum. Do you mean estimated start date or estimated completion date? Is this a property you are building or is it someone else’s?

I’m in Perth too & work in the construction industry, so I’ll possibly be able to help if I know exactly what you are after. That said, the construction industry here in Perth is in a state of overload right now, so very few builders are able to give reliable construction times.

Cheers
    Kym

Profile photo of elviselvis
    @elvis

Kym,

I mean for an established property…say in Karratha or Port Hedland, but not limited to those areas, anywhere in WA really.

Is there a website or hotline offering this information, say DOLA or the like ?

Elvis

Profile photo of KewlDudeKewlDude
    @kewldude

Ok, i get it. Your loacl council should be able to provide you with information as to when the residence was constructed, whether or not any improvements have council approval & the date.

The VGO also keeps record of the year of construction, however info from the council is free, VGO you have to pay.

As far as I know, there isn’t a website that lists the construction date of dwellings nor is it available on council web sites – you’ll have to make a phone call to the relevant council for each property you are interested in.

Cheers
    Kym

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Often the style of building or the inside (kitchen, bathroom) dates it.

Also, have a look at the water taps in the yard.

Often they have a year stamped on it (for example 1950 – so you know that the building is at least that old)

Pisces

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

If this is re the Capital Works deduction, council will have the info. I learned the hard way that you should NOT rely on information in the meter box!

(I bought a place where construction commenced on 10 July 1985. A week too early!).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.