All Topics / General Property / Alternative Investments to Res IPs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce

Is anyone seriously considering investing in anything else apart from res property at the moment? Seems to be some consensus to go into a holding pattern at the moment re IPs.

I am reading widely that commercial property will be a stronger investment at the moment because it’s cycle has lagged residential, and domestic economy fundamentals appear strong for another 2 years.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I am doing some research into buying another business atm.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of leonorleonor
    @leonor

Commercial properties can give much better yield, I am buying one, but there are drawbacks:
    *loans are usually 60 to 70% of property value
    *if property is vacant, you have to pay GST and register for GST so you can claim it back and also charge GST to tenant
    *insurance can be a problem, depending on type of business
    Leo.

Profile photo of GoldenGolden
    @golden

We are just starting out as we have been busy with business and raising our children, but we have a strong leaning towards industrial / commercial.

We understand the basics as we have owned a number of properties as well as small scale developments, but would like to know what the most relevant Australian books on the subject are?

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

There is a prediction Commercial Property Boom in 2007 by 2003 book called ‘How Investing in Commercial Property Really Work’.

And I think it’s start to move at the moment. Currently I am also learning how to invest in Commmercial Property.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to Frolic Freedom!]

Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian

Hi Chan$,
    Who made such prediction ?

Julain

THERE IS ALWAYS A BETTER WAY!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.