All Topics / Help Needed! / help needed to get started

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of madankumarsmadankumars
    @madankumars

Hi there

i am a 26 yr old IT consultant from London, UK. I am interested in buying a property in sydney’s lower north shore area (chatswood/roseville/artarmon/willoughby), where I will be eventually moving to.

I was in Sydney until Dec 2003 on a work visa for almost 4 years and I am in love with that place. I have applied for skilled migration which I am expecting to come through sometime next year.

I am aware that I need to get permission from FIRB to buy property in Australia, but not quite sure whether I can buy a used property or only off-the-plan ones.

I have bank accounts in Australia and spotless credit ratings. ANZ was happy to provide me a mortgage in Nov 2003 but I am not sure whether they’ll help me now because I am working overseas.

I’d be great if somebody could guide me / put me on to someone similar to my position!

thanks very much

ps: i know! i should have done this when I was there in Sydney ….. i was just too lazy!

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi madankumars

Yes, it’s a bummer that you didn’t do something while you were out here. I guess the first thing you need to do is to check out the FIRB website (but I don’t know what it is, sorry).

Then if all things are go, contact a Mortgage Broker who should be able to tell you whether or not/how much money you could borrow.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of madankumarsmadankumars
    @madankumars

Mel

thanks for responding. The Foreign Investment Review Board(FIRB) provides permission to us foriegn expats to buy property in Australia.

I found out that we can buy only off-the-plan properties as an investment. second hand properties, if bought, must be lived in (that is not possible for now).

could someone kindly give me a guidance as to whether this is the right time to buy off-the-plan properties in sydney?

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.