All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Accountant Woes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Rachel77Rachel77
    @rachel77

[?]My husband and I want to start investing in positive cashflow properties and recently went to our accountant to discuss the ins and outs. He practically rolled his eyes when we told him our plans and said there were no positive cashflow properties around and if there were any they were in bad areas with bad tenants and bad capital appreciation. He raved on about the benefits of negative gearing, reducing your taxable income and blah, blah, blah. Please does anyone know of a good accountant in the Blue Mountains area of NSW that has an open mind to this kind of thing. Much appreciated if anyone can help.
    Rachel77.

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Rachel77,
    You of course don’t necessarily need to be in the same region as your accountant. E-mail, fax, phone all aid this. If you don’t end up getting someone you are happy with in your area, you can look at some of the accountants mentioned on this site.

James

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Rachel, what James said is spot on. there are many interstate people that use Dale Gatherum Goss who is in Melbourne. Same same Bruce Whiting in Sydney. Nick Moustacas is also in Sydney.

Search for accountants, and check out the Somersoft forum – Dale GG is a moderator there, and I’ve actually seen him recommend some accountants in people’s areas. I personally don’t know how he has the time to do all he does!![:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Rachel77Rachel77
    @rachel77

Thanks very much I will certainly do the research here. It was really disappointing to hear our accountant shoot down all our ideas. He didnt even listen to the advantages, his mind was already made up before we walked in the door.
    Thanks again,
    Rachel77.

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Rachel77,
    This highlights the point that at the end of the day, even experts have their own blind spots, preferences and prejudices. That you need to know they are practising and advising in the areas that you want.

James

Profile photo of robbrownrobbrown
    @robbrown

Rachel77

Don’t be so quick to shoot your Accoutant
    Take on board what he said.
    But, Do your own research and prove him wrong.
    So just be careful.
    Depending on circumstances Neg. Gearing may suit some peoples income better and some N.G. property goes up in value easier then N.N.G. property.
    You don’t need him to agree with you, but advise you.

Regards

Rob Brown
    CPA/Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Rachel77Rachel77
    @rachel77

Hi Rob,
    I know what you mean, I wouldn’t have been so disheartened if he’d at least listened to our suggestions but as soon as we had mentioned +CF properties he practically rolled his eyes at us. I know I don’t have the kind of knowledge he has but I didn’t appreciate being spoken to like an idiot. His mind was closed off completely to the idea of it. He’s much more enthused with negative gearing, as it seems most accountants are these days.
    So, you good at what you do? Need new clients? LOL.
    Rachel, the accountantless one.

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi Rachel,
    Nick Moustacas is good and in Sydney you can use him. PM me I will send you his details.

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    I want to be billionaire! [;)]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.