All Topics / General Property / spotters wanted

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan
    Originally posted by tyoung:

thanks rugbyfan, i know what you mean about not just investing for returns.
    Once I find properties that have good returns, then i will make sure that they are decent ares to invest in.
    Do you do it the other way around? find a good area first and then look for +cf IPs?

Yes I do. I have already done homework on certain areas and concentrate on those. Once a property comes up, I can buy it straight away as I know the area is fine.

You will strugle to do it the other way around, because if the +ve CF properties are in good areas, they will be snapped up before you have had a chance to do you due diligence.

Remember the scout’s motto: BE PREPARED.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

Profile photo of tyoungtyoung
    @tyoung

Thanks for the advice rugbyfan, i really appreciate it.
    Afterall, i am just a young investor who is trying to learn/read as much as i can to get my property portfolio started.

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Can we be more serious in our reply or clearly identify our jokes so we won’t confuse each other especially new investors?

Regards

Huey

PS: Pls don’t [:(!][V][B)] me!!!

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Heuy

Just another thing. If Spotters reckon the properties are any good and offer great positive cash flow surely they would move heaven and earth to buy or keep them for themselves.

I cannot see why you would be prepared to buy these types of properties without doing a little work yourself. What is wrong with properties in your area. Do you really want cash flow over capital growth?

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by yack:

Ya gotta pay for quality.

lol…quality? is capital gain guarantee?

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to Frolic Freedom!]

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by yack:

I am not a spotter and I cannot understand why someone is prepared to invest $1m in property via a spotter.

You have more money than sense.

Have you allowed for all the maintenance required on 10 properties. If you dont have time to locate them, how can you find the time to maintain them.

Good Luck

using a spotter does not mean you don’t do your own due diligence and market research in the area before you buy.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by tyoung:

thanks rugbyfan, i know what you mean about not just investing for returns.
    Once I find properties that have good returns, then i will make sure that they are decent ares to invest in.
    Do you do it the other way around? find a good area first and then look for +cf IPs?

I think you should do both at the same time. I meant half look for +cf area then do your due diligence and market research in the area. if it’s all add up then go for it.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars

Profile photo of freedomfinderfreedomfinder
    @freedomfinder

you cant keep buyng -cf properties for growth and who can garantee the future growth as we are entering a new cycle. also as one has a defecit supporting growth properties one should balance the deficit by selecting to aquire +cf properties so one can again buy more -cf properties for more growth agree ?

Profile photo of tyoungtyoung
    @tyoung

Thanks ChanDollars, that really helps.

Profile photo of judijudi
    @judi

If anyone’s really serious, you can PM me. I’m in southeast QLD. If +ve cashflow is your number one priority, you might want to contact Westan who finds properties in NZ.
    Regards
    Judi

@freedomfinder

are you saying i may need to go os to nz to get what im looking for or are there still opportunities in aus. i reckon there is opportunity here in oz but if your not on the ground how can one find

@judi

You reckon do ya?
    I’ve inspected two this week that are almost +ve and have excellent CG potential. I’m trying to get a deposit together for one (anyone wanna lend me 30k at 10% or so?) and the other is in a flood area. Shame because it’s been fully renovated-new kitchen, bathroom, painted etc, and the outside has been re-clad up to the bottom of the windows which is the level of the last flood waters. It would be difficult if not impossible to insure and therefore get finance. How much do you want to pay for a spotter? It would take a lot more time to find a property in oz that is a “good buy” as well as being +ve than in NZ. Westan already has properties to recommend and you don’t necessarily have to go over yourself.
    Regards
    Judi

@freedomfinder

so whats going on, apart from from yack with his extortion attempt. I am serious, I want to employ a spotter, Im ready to go but whos putting there hands up for the job.

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by freedomfinder:

you cant keep buyng -cf properties for growth and who can garantee the future growth as we are entering a new cycle. also as one has a defecit supporting growth properties one should balance the deficit by selecting to aquire +cf properties so one can again buy more -cf properties for more growth agree ?

Totally agreed…offset gearing…here we go again.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

freedom, there are a few guys and girls who are ‘doing the spotting thing’.

The only one that springs to mind at the moment for Aus though is Bear1964. He lists his email at the bottom of all his posts, or you could PM him.

For NZ, there is Westan, and MiniMogul.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru
    Originally posted by freedomfinder:

so whats going on, apart from from yack with his extortion attempt. I am serious, I want to employ a spotter, Im ready to go but whos putting there hands up for the job.

Full time Employ or part time ?[:p]

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    I want to be billionaire! [;)]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Freedomfinder, you said : “so whats going on, apart from yack with his extortion attempt”

If you cannot discern the difference between someone being serious and someone joking, pulling your leg,
    then how are you going to find a suitable property ?

Pisces

@judi

Freedomfighter, stop whining and re-read the replies. The answers are there.
    Respectfully yours,
    Judi

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Hi,

Qld007 offers a service to find or wrap property

Castle Dreamer

(You’ll never go wrong if you never go anywhere – have a go!”

Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

G’day all,

I’m heading out to look at some +ive cashflow properties in regional Qld over the weekend, but unfortunately im only in a position maybe buy one [:(]

But would be happy to pass on the details/photos/stats on the property & area and in retrun be “reimbursed” for my expenses.

For any further details please email me: mark at supermotard.net.au

Cheers,

Battz

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.