All Topics / General Property / Location of IP’s

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Just wanting to understand the prevalence of people investing in regions/states/countries that are outside of where they live and possibly why

Personally I live in Melbourne, have IP’s in Melbourne & Qld (Gold Coast) and chose the sunshine state because of the strong market there and indications that it should continue for a little while longer than the southern states.

James

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

We live in Sydney and have 1 in Sydney(Cremorne) and 1 in Brisbane(New Farm). Sydney because of CG(bought 2 yrs ago), Brisbane same reason (bought 3 yrs ago)although a much smaller scale. Currently negotiating on 1 in rural area for +ve CF purposes. I don’t expect much CG but the yield is pretty high.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

Profile photo of Alexander2Alexander2
    Participant
    @alexander2

None of the properties I’m sourcing at the moment are from my home town. Sydney is a very hard city to find +ve cashflow properties (I will never say that it is impossible, nothing is[}:)]) and for those looking to purchase in Sydney for CG we were the lowest in growth last year and are predicted to be this year. I’m finding good yields about 3-5 hours out of Sydney and in other states.[:D]

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

I agree Alexander, if I looked at what our Cremorne IP is worth and the rental yield we get, I would not touch it. 2 years ago it was a different story, but I think it has increased in value by close to $200K.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

Profile photo of scotty3scotty3
    @scotty3

Easy – can’t afford and/or returns are unsatisfactory where they live.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

The only reason I don’t invest in local anymore because the price is too high and now they all NCFP.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to Frolic Freedom!]

Profile photo of ScullyScully
    @scully

Up until recently, all of our IP’s were in Sydney, where we live. However, since I have given up work we decided we would make our next few cash flow positive, therefore our latest one is in Queensland, and we will probably continue to buy in regional areas for a couple of years.

Cheers,
    Karen[:D]

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Just to add a bit more, currently I am looking in SA. I am living in Sydney.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to Frolic Freedom!]

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr

Really, if the numbers add up, you have done your checks, then it shouldn’t matter where you are in relation to your IP’s. However, for peace of mind, it’s nice to be able to have them close by. Especially in the early stages of investing.
    James

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.