All Topics / General Property / Here we go again, Interest rate prediction for Mar

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Profile photo of spider2spider2
    @spider2

Interest rate prediction for March

I will start the ball rolling and predict that they will remain unchanged IN MARCH.

Spider

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman
    Profile photo of young.learneryoung.learner
    @young.learner

unchanged

Please reply to [email protected]

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

unchanged and no change at least for a few months..

westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

No change again.

This seems to be about demographic arrangements.

Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce

Here’s two RBA publications that make interesting reading re interest rate changes.

http://www.rba.gov.au/Speeches/sp_ag_270204.html
    http://www.rba.gov.au/PublicationsAndResearch/Bulletin/bu_feb04/bu_0204_1.pdf

I still think the rate could go either way. Pressure not to go up comes from trying to keep the AUD from rising further, and hurting exports more. It also seems investors have exited the property investment market in droves, so why raise rates and hurt young mortgage holders more.

Forces driving rates up are the unprecedented level of consumer debt. It is atrocious. And needs to be curbed further. However, the RBA would have difficulty explaining how a rate rise curbs consumer debt. Esp considering many of us carry an average of $2500 at 16% on credit cards.

The red herring amongst all this is that the RBA are focusing on the economic recovery of the USA, Japan, and Europe. In doing so, they seem to be making the point that exports will go up. This then allows them to let the AUD rise higher and suppress import values.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

how many duplicate posts? Wasnt this one the other day too?

Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce
    Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

One of the issues is that a lot of credit card debt is not at 16%. I’ve just been offered by one of my credit cards 6.99% fixed on up to $12000 unsecured. Maybe the RBA needs to tackle credit card debt another way.

There are 2 very interesting books I’ve read in the last 2 years:

debtand delusion by peter warburton

and an Amercican book called something like the Credit card bubble

The first book suggests high debt is a major problem in the industrial countries. The second looks at some of the methods that are used to make being in debt on credit cards attractive and also at a number of consequences that have happened to people in the US because of that

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

unchanged please!

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to Frolic Freedom!]

@still-in-school

Hi Guys and all,

I dont think even interest rates, will have much effect on the export ecomony, the Australian dollar is still very relatively low,

for many of you who dont know this, many many years ago, (around about 25+ years ago im guessing here the years) the Australian dollar was $1.20, the reason why our dollar is crippled down and was sitting before on about .50 cents last year, was that the Labour Government back then, open Australia to other Foreign Countries and the world market, ever since then, our dollar, just kept tumbling down, as more foreign banks came in and took over the 4 major banks we once use to have only in Australia, the money soon disappeared, causing our dollar to fall.

I blame America at alot of fault for this as they were big pushers and wanted a free trading agreement with us. dont have anything against America, but after our dollar going down, the American dollar started to rise.

I just think this is payback, and that our dollar is set to rise even futher more and stay,

Cheers guys,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

sis – very bold statement

i bet 500 bucks that the the aud will not go higher than 85 cents. we may have already seen its peak.

the currency is def close to fully valued.

so lets do it – if the aud is less than 80 cents by midyear you give me aud 500 bucks and vice versa

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Unchanged, and yes there is another post like this already.

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

SIS,

What student union newspaper did you get that spiel from?

Stick to investing, not economics.

Your observation that the AUD fell as the USD rose was quite profound. Especially as in the vernacular most often used, the AUD is measured against the USD. On this basis, these two currencies have a direct, inversely proportional relationship. If one goes down, the other HAS to go up and vice versa.

Rubba

PS: What ARE you talking about re the banks?
    PPS: I’m in with Aussierogue for another $500

@still-in-school

Hi Guys,

lol, im not going to bet if the AU dollar is still going to continue to go up, but im happy to say and boldly to that, i do believe that the Australian dollar will continue to increase, as history has shown before, we have had the AU at $1.20 and was the strongest economy in the past but also had the strongest dollar in the world at one time.

Many of the older forum members on here, many of whom may be in there 40s and above will also remember a time when Gold was selling over $800.00 presently this morning it was just under $399.00

not try to state anything in bad, or confusion, but history has shown that once before, our dollar and the gold we were selling were all at very high exchange rates and selling price.

though i will, still stick by my words that, there is still plenty of room for the AU dollar to rise as it still relatively low.

Cheers,
    sis

ps sorry just saw the question and forgot to answer it.

PS: What ARE you talking about re the banks?

many years ago, there were only 4 major banks in Australia, as we didnt offer or have ourselves on the world market, since then and Australia being on the world market, we opened our doors for foreign banks, to be allowed to set up and operate in and on Australian ground, now you can almost find access to banks all over the world here in Australia, the effect on this, caused alot of money that was being kept in Australia, by the orginal 4 banks was not being profit and capitalised by other banks, in which the money was brought back to their countries contributing to the effect of the Australian dollar dropping and other countries dollars begining to rise.

….. it was just meant to be a short piece of history, but to let people know that the dollar can still increase, and is no where near its highest peaks that we had many many years ago.

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of kalonikaloni
    @kaloni
    Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Unchanged – but I got it wrong last month.

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

unchanged

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

Profile photo of fostonfoston
    @foston
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.