All Topics / General Property / Katanning, WA.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of WAFWAF
    @waf

Does anyone have any info on Katanning, I think it has a population of around 4,000 and is located apparently with easy access to Perth, Albany, and Bunbury. Anyone have property or looked at the place before?

Cheers

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp
    Originally posted by WAF:

Does anyone have any info on Katanning, I think it has a population of around 4,000 and is located apparently with easy access to Perth, Albany, and Bunbury.

Katanning’s population has been dropping for about the last 30+ years. It’s mainly dependent on wool.

‘easy access to Perth, Albany and Bunbury’ means a pleasant 2-3 hr drive, but certainly not daily commuting distance.

There’s nothing special I can think about the place, so unless you can get an exceptional deal, I would look to places with better prospects.

Peter

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi WAF,

Katanning has a declining population with one of the schools recently classified down due to lower student numbers. There used to be a largish muslim community there employed in a Halal abbatoir (?) – not sure of the state of play otherwsie but many WA country towns are suffering from a rural decline.

Derek

[email protected]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

FY to Jan 06 Kattaning Median Jumped from $78k to $145k…

Some of the people in the Investors Club must be laughing Derek??

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

HI Redwing,

The locals are still laughing at the prices out of towners are still paying for their properties.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958
    Skype – derekjones2113

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.