All Topics / Heads Up! / Rick Otton- We Buy Houses

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

I am curious to understand how Rick Otton works his business. The website webuyhouses.com.au has on it onlz 5 places for sale- wrap houses, presumably- but it only has 5 houses on the entire website, and those same ones have been on there for months- 2 in WA, three in NSW, and none for sale in other states.

How does a business operate with so little turnover?

kay henry

Profile photo of manofactionmanofaction
    @manofaction

Good question Kay,

Are you sure they are the only properties WBH has on offer or has had over the last 12 mths etc?

Could WBH be turning over a lot more properties “behind the scense” by advertising in other media such as local papers etc?

When you look at a real estate agent’s window, it may or may not be indiciative of the number of properties available at the time.

It might be that the WBH’s web site is not their prime advertsing media.

“Am I making sense?” [:)]

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

I also thought on a similar level to Kay. On ricks tape set he says that he always tries to get access to the house (under the guise of interior decorating/maintenance etc)prior to settlement, so that buyers are ready to go. He also says that his time limit is a couple of weeks, tops.

As for manofactions comments regarding advertising locally in the papers, yes this could be true. However, if I was selling houses, and had a web site up and running, and could easily add a house on the web site within a day of taking the digital snaps, they would be on their ASAP.

Thus, I would think that maybe i)they are old stock, and the web page is obselete. or ii) these houses are not moving at a fast pace. iii) something else may be happening which I cannot think of

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Thanks for your replies folks :o)

I would think that all houses would be on the website too. Given that Rick is meant to be the ´wrap king´ it surprises me that he only has 5 old-stock houses for sale.

kay henry

Profile photo of milkmanjrmilkmanjr
    @milkmanjr
    Originally posted by wrappack:

… On ricks tape set he says that he always tries to get access to the house (under the guise of interior decorating/maintenance etc)prior to settlement, so that buyers are ready to go….

I don’t understand? Why does he need to do this? Or what is he doing it for? [eh]

Thanks

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Milkman, I assume that you are asking re rick getting early access to the house, under the guise of cleaning, decorating, etc. The real reason is that you can advertise, screen potential clients, and show them through the house on the vendors money (interest), not yours. On a 200k home, 7% interest =$300 per week. If you get three weeks ‘access’ you have saved a grand, and are three weeks ahead of the game.

But, you cannot sell something which you do not own, so rick suggests getting holding deposits, and then get the buyer to do their dd, and then exchange on the same day

Profile photo of SiboSibo
    Participant
    @sibo

I saw him on TV last night. It seems getting today/tonight or someone to feature your business is a great way to go.

Regards,
    Si

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Sibo,

I am not sure the documentary om ABC last night was merely an infomercial. I think a number of people who watched it would have found it very funny and viewed it with an ironic eye.

kay henry

Profile photo of SiboSibo
    Participant
    @sibo

true enough but eny interested folks would surely have been reminded that he is around.

Regards,
    Si

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.