All Topics / Finance / Credit History (Baycorp)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

I am considering investing in NZ. Thinking ahead, if I am borrowing funds from a NZ bank, do they access the same credit history file that the Australian banks have access to.

Specifically, would they put an enquiry against my credit history that would be visible here in Australia.

James

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I think they might James.

When I was on hold waiting for Baycorp, they were saying something about now being able to access New Zealand financial records as well when assessing the borrowing history.

So I guess it won’t be on the same report as such, but the Aussie banks can certainly then see your NZ borrowings. Can only assume it will also work in reverse.

have a look round their website – it might tell you a bit more about it.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

Baycorp (NZ) and Credit Advantage (Aust) merged a couple of years ago so I would think that they can do a Aust credit check.

Cheers

Stu

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

HI georgisj

I recently sorted finance out with ANZ and Westpac in NZ. ANZ specifically requested a certified copy of my credit file. They stated that they do not have access to it, so require a copy from me.

I went to baycorp.com.au and ordered my credit file over the internet. I then had a JP certify it and gave it to ANZ NZ. No probs, no worries, I therefore assume that they don’t see it, and that they don’t apply against it or appear on it.
    Cheers

Castle Dreamer

(You’ll never go wrong if you never go anywhere – have a go!”

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Castledreamer

That’s good news![thumbsup2]

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

When a credit check is done…does the bank actually see your entire credit history or do they just get a confirmation that no default or judgements have been made against you??

James

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Georgisj,

they can see what has been listed and provided on your credit file for up to 5 years, bankruptcy will remain on your credit file for 7 years, but they can see exactly how big the loan application amount is, but they cannot see or tell if you have taken out that loan, but do be weary, if they do see a number of loans in a short period of time, it can trigger off there thinking and they can catch you to if you try to change a small spelling or symbol in your name spelling.

[ohno2]

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Thanks SIS

James

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Hi there,
    I once had an application for a car loan rejected by ANZ Aust because I had too many credit file application/checks!!! In other words, I had been busy investing making money to be able to do the things I wanted to, and ANZ thought I must have been doing to much!!!! If this happens to you, ask to get the copy of you file, and then calmly (irately with a smile!!!) explain what each enquiry on your file meant – I hate banks sometimes!!!

Castle Dreamer

(You’ll never go wrong if you never go anywhere – have a go!”

Profile photo of ginamarreeginamarree
    @ginamarree

Hi,

When I perform credit checks on people here in Oz I always do a NZ check if the person applying has been in Australia less than 12 months, as for NZ -I am not sure if vice versa applies?
    When a check is performed, the financier can see how many defults, judgements, enquiries, cross references and possible matches you have.
    Also bankrutcy & part 9’s ( debtors agreement) shows up and if you have defults it tells the financier if you have a paid defult, had a payment defult or if you have cleared out on the loan alltogether ( clearouts look really bad)[hmm].

Ginamarree

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.