All Topics / General Property / cash flow property in the uk

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of crawfy22crawfy22
    Participant
    @crawfy22

hey there!! i was just wondering if anyone has attempted cash flow property in the united kingdom or even if there is any…… i am thinking of moving there and would love to hear some positive news!!
    cheers. crawfy.[:D]

Profile photo of liddelkliddelk
    @liddelk

Well things have changed since I left in 1998 – house prices have doubled and even tripled in some places. But there were some hotspots. Brighton for instance was averaging 12% ROI for rental properties. Dunno if it was cashflow +ve. Cambridge returns were high too. Both are university towns with transient rental populations. Now Cambridge of course is Silicon Fen which provides for greater shortages.

Profile photo of WAFWAF
    @waf

Cash flow property in the UK sure is, actually a very recent thread about it on the somersoft forum. Check it out.’

Cheer

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

the market is pretty volatile there though – all over the place like the share market. check out

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7831

Extensive list of new Perth property available for sale.

Alternatively, become a joint venture partner in one of our property development partnerships – contact me to find out why our developments are unique. John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of AnthonyAnthony
    Participant
    @anthony

I have been investing in th UK for around 5 years now and in that time have secured 14 properties, the most recent purchase was in November last year.

When I started it was relatively easy to find properties with yields greater than 15% but this is much harder now. Londoners have been pushing prices up drastically and accept yields at around 6%.

That said, interest rates are lower in the UK and the tenant pays for most outgoings so lower yields are generally still cash positive. Furthermore, you don’t pay stamp duty on properties less than GBP 60K.

If you are interested I know of a small syndicate you can join for around AU $220k with a yield of around 8.5%. The synidcate consists of 6 properties all of which are in good areas and securely tenanted. It would make a solid start and requires no effort. I want to buy it myself but I am maxed out at present.

Incidentally, I had read the above article but had read another that couteracted it. I personally don’t see much of a fall. UK prices were simply too cheap and they have just been catching up in much the same way that we have seen Australian properties boom in recent years.

Profile photo of Rebecca1Rebecca1
    @rebecca1

Be careful, the English market is much more prone to property busts than the Aussie market. The big tip is that prices in the UK are likely to fall by at least 25 per cent. In London, it could be a lot worse.

It has happened many times before and each time, just before it crashed, the majority of people were saying it couldn’t happen.

Look, I know we are all impatient and I don’t want to have you jump on me, but I do post this message for those who have the patience to wait for the right time to buy. No matter what you think, now is NOT the time to be investing in property in the UK.

But, as Buffett says, “try telling investors to be patient”.

I have tried, that’s all I can do.

Bec

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Hi,
    Units in brisbane have fallen %25+ in the last quarter.
    Whats the difference?[;)]
    Dom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.