All Topics / General Property / Who wil be retiring in 2 years time?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 108 total)
  • Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

The best thing is if you don’t like your job, and you don’t need it anymore. Then you can tell your boss to take his/her job and

give it to someone who deserves it more than me.[:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of calroncalron
    Participant
    @calron

If your talking about being Buying a really big boat, an Aston Martin DB9 and spending as much time as you like with your family whenever you like???

Then thats what I’ll be doing next year, Ocassionally organising the next Development..

Ah the life that I have wanted ever since I started work..

I will be Retiring next year at 34.. I order my DB9 in May and the Rivierra in June..

Who wants to come and party in the whitsundays??

Cheers

Calron the Alcamist
    Turning things into gold is fun.
    [email protected][;)]

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by calron:

If your talking about being Buying a really big boat, an Aston Martin DB9 and spending as much time as you like with your family whenever you like???

Then thats what I’ll be doing next year, Ocassionally organising the next Development..

Ah the life that I have wanted ever since I started work..

I will be Retiring next year at 34.. I order my DB9 in May and the Rivierra in June..

Who wants to come and party in the whitsundays??

Cheers

Calron the Alcamist
    Turning things into gold is fun.
    [email protected][;)]

That’s an achievement I have been looking for, but for the party in the whitsundays I want to be the driver not the rider…lol…

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to Frolic Freedom!]

Profile photo of Monstango_2010Monstango_2010
    @monstango_2010

My view of retirement is not to work for someone else…. 2 years is definately a good time frame to retire in (only from workin for someone else).

There is always a way!

Profile photo of MrIronmanMrIronman
    @mrironman

Hope to retire between the ages of 25-30. Commitment and focus is the key for me.

Cheers[:)]

Ironman

Profile photo of judijudi
    @judi

Hey Sis
    Why wait till retirement to tell your boss off and quit? I’ve done it lots of times [:p]

OK, not lots but once or twice. Don’t you guys think it’s important to be happy in your job?

Regards
    Judi

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Monstango_2010:

My view of retirement is not to work for someone else…. 2 years is definately a good time frame to retire in (only from workin for someone else).

There is always a way!

For me I don’t think I can retire in 2 years as I am only 28 years old. I still have along way to go.

I am planning to retire when I’m turn 35. That’s 2010.

And I would like to completly retire when I’m turn 45. That’s 2020.

If I could it earlier than it is great, but at the meantime I will try my best to achieve my goals.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by MrIronman:

Hope to retire between the ages of 25-30. Commitment and focus is the key for me.

Cheers[:)]

Ironman

That’s very young retirment’s man…lol…

Good luck and I hope you achieve it.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by judi:

Hey Sis
    Why wait till retirement to tell your boss off and quit? I’ve done it lots of times [:p]

OK, not lots but once or twice. Don’t you guys think it’s important to be happy in your job?

Regards
    Judi

I think if your job pay you well to support your investment everyday and your job is very secure then there’s no reason to tell your boss off!

May be SIS have a different opinion…lol…

Warm Regards

ChanDollars

Profile photo of Monstango_2010Monstango_2010
    @monstango_2010
    Originally posted by Chan$:

I am only 28 years old.

I am only 17!

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Monstango_2010:

Originally posted by Chan$:

I am only 28 years old.

I am only 17!

Mate, It’s nice to be young and start early. Eventhough I am 28 I still consider I am not too late.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Judi,

ill tell you a funny story,

at the job, im currently in, when i first started out there, my boss, who really is just a supervisior, put on the impression, not only the impression, but holds it against everyone that he is just a supervisior, and that it is not his job to work, but to supervise…

so clearly he lives by what he says, we do our work, but he takes advantage of his role and tells people what to do, even if it his job to do, yet he gets someone else to do it, many of the staff and including myself at the very begining, would not argue with him, as we needed our jobs and for the sake of it, we could not afford to lose it.

with my boss, hes been working there close to 25 years, many people have come and gone and people have left on the same day they start due to his attitude… believe me he is a real prick…

everytime, someone reduces their hours or wants to work less, seriously this is what happens, instead of giving the other staff the extra hours, and because he is supervisior, he increases his own hours, for the difference as some one chooses to work less, or if someone takes a day off…. he is a real prick, not long ago, i had gone and begun to reduce my hours, one of the ladies at work, asked if she could pick up on my hours, and i said yeah sure thats not a problem with me… well you can guess instead, who picked up those extra hours…

he talks alot of bull, and says things like hes a professional investor and all, that his children who are my age, are directors and managers of large companies and that, and if people at work choose to work less hours, its their problem, he will say out loud to you, the less you work, the more hours i pick up the more money i make and so on…

i dont know if your boss is that bad, but he does treat the staff, with disrespect and just orders people around….

the most funniest part is at work, there is a picture board, his picture is on there, but out of all the staff, his picture everyday, gets tacs and pins pushed through his photograph… and the same thing he says everyday is… when i find that bastard… ooo… they better watch out…

anyway he should realise, why is his only picture being the one being pined and darted at every day, yet he always removes them, yet someone always puts them back in…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Enjoyed this story, sis, laughed myself silly, and I am now wondering what bodypart of his you have sticked a pin in hehehe. No please don’t answer this question I don’t want to know!
    Maybe you should replace his picture by a voodoo-doll and see what happens[}:)]

@judi

Hey Sis

I see what you mean. I guess the challenge is to learn to remain unaffected by his attitude/actions. My first boss was a bit similar to yours. He used to not only stand by and watch me work, but also drink a stubbie while doing so!

Take it easy
    Judi

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Why would anyone want to “retire”?
    Remeber the wave of early retirees who headed for the Queensland beaches in the eighties and early nineties, with the bounty of the family home?
    Scary prospect, most are now on the age pension and broke.

You retire from what you don’t want to do.
    If you are doing now what you don’t want to do, you need a career change not retirement!

Once you start doing what you like, you don’t want to retire… you don’t even feel your age.

I don’t think I will ever retire. It will be eventualy my body or my mind who will retire not me.

May God bless you
    and prosper you.
    Marc

@judi

Good point Marc

But what if you need money to live, and what if what you enjoy doing doesn’t pay money? For me, retirement will be from having to actively make money.

Regards
    Judi

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Celivia,

lol… dont worry, all the pins are stuck and pushed through his face, its amusing, you will always find at least 3-5 pins pushed through… lol

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of blondie_becblondie_bec
    Participant
    @blondie_bec

Hi everyone,
    Retirement!? I only just started my new job but plan to be retired by the time I am thirty….I am 24 at the moment. My Mum and most people don’t believe me…. as I am yet to buy my first home, I am so determined though because I hate working. Like lemmings the same routine each week…… boring! I don’t know if this is an unreasonable goal?
    Bec.[:)]

Newbie comin through!

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Not an unreasonable goal, but it’s a bit harsh to describe the greater population as lemmings I would have thought.

cheers
    r

@judi

Hi Bec
    With the incentive you’ve got (ie, hating work), I’d say you’re being conservative by planning to retire by 30. You can do anything.
    Regards
    Judi
    PS: what’s a “lemming”?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.