All Topics / General Property / How to become a fortune teller and maker

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I have just lodged a post in the thread titled ‘2004 Property Guide’ which gave me the idea of starting this new thread.

In short, events happen all around us or near us which will be a factor which will eventually move prices of nearby property into a Northerly direction.

By keeping an eye open and discussing such projects on this thread we can help each other.

I would like to suggest that this thread becomes the collection point for such stories.

I am nominating the following as such a project and would expect that others will talk about other projects as they become aware of them.

In fact I believe that this thread ought to be placed into a new section, Mr Moderator !!

I nominate the Cross Sydney tunnel, presently under construction, as a price moving project.

Reason : by moving traffic underground it will gentrify and beautify the surrounding areas thus making it more attractive to live in the area which in turn will tend to drive up the prices of the surrounding real estate.

What is your nomination guys ?

Thanks in advance for your contribution.

Pisces

Profile photo of alpinaalpina
    Participant
    @alpina

i think this is a great suggestion pisces.

my crystal balling is in redfern. i suspect that the govt will be under increasing pressure to clean the place up. the fact that they have already moved south sydney council to the TNT building in the heart of all the trouble is their first step in this direction.

i suspect “redfern east” (so great streets here with prices to match) will be absorbed into moore park moving forward as “redfern east” does not really exist! with the clean up of redfern will come increasing values in neighbouring suburbs with surry hills being a big winner as its already coming off a high base.

there is my 2 cents worth :)

julie

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Pieces

Good idea i’ve got lots to share but lets start with this one. i read your post after i started a new thread so i’ll repeat what i said.

Geelong will benifit from the Avalon airport. Long term tullamarine cannot expand and Melbounre will have to use Avalon to service the growing number of air travelers.
    http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/02/24/1077594827461.html
    Geelong is already a great city, this will boost it more. Anyone want to sell me a Geelong property cheap ? i don’t own in Geelong.
    Regards a sad westan[:(]

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of spider2spider2
    @spider2

Pisces,,
    I think you are right. I live at Woolloomooloo which is close to the tunnel. This will lessen the traffic that Kings Cross receives, also South Sydney Council have made a committment to clean up the area. Kings Cross/Elizabeth Bay will be a safe bet

Spider

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Mine is Frankston. They are now tendering to build the Marina. They have started to beautify the beach and there is now a restaurant at the life saving or yacht club (I’m not sure which one). They are building the movie cinema complex and there are many plans for 10 story unit developments in the CAD (central activities district). The development is only started and prices have already exceeded my expectations. Yes, i do own two properties/units in Sth Frankston. They are almost worth as much as my Mentone units.

I still expect alot more growth.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Pisces,

That area on Western Sydney, ok… dont mind me, but that area, were they have been talking about developing the land into recreational facilities.

…. heaps sorry i dont know the suburb, it maybe Penrith, they were talking about, but it was on the news the other night….

…. but which ever suburb they were talking about, were they are gonig to put the new recreational areas, thats were i believe there will be some big capital gains and movement of populations migration.

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Mine in Fairfield, due to the quiet of shops strip and surrounding areas the local council approve unit/apartment development to pour people back into the area. Currently there are a lot of high-rise building going up.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to financial freedom]

Profile photo of ShusharShushar
    @shushar

My crystal ball tells me that Homebush Bay will take off due to the proposed Marine development at the end of Hill Road where the existing Ferry wharf is.

Details of the proposal can be found at:
    http://www.waterways.nsw.gov.au/docs/hbwest/appendix2.pdf

I see the area becoming the “Church Point” or “Rushcutters Bay” of the West.

[^]

Shushar

“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I think you may be talking about Luna Park, just North of the Harbour Bridge.

Pisces

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

It looks as if we may need to pay special attention to your post Julie as this is only your tenth post in a year so you obviously weigh your words well. [:)]

BTW guys, also give us some feedback whether we really want people to respond to any suggested opportunity by posting in this thread or whether it isn’t better to start a new discussion thread (if necesary) for each particular idea so that we don’t clutter up this thread ?

Pisces

Profile photo of alpinaalpina
    Participant
    @alpina

thanks pisces :) i guess that this is one topic that really got my interest.

i think this could potentially be a forum in its own right, perhaps with subfolders by state.

as long as all the usual caveats are applied and people dont rely on the info in performing their due diligence, i think this initiative will be a huge hit.

btw pisces, i do post more frequently on another board but love coming here all the same and seeing what you guys are up to :)

cheers,

julie

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Check out Carrington in Newcastle.

It is slowly turning into an area comparable to Balmain. Newcomers love it whilst locals are blinkered by it’s working class history.

It is close to the CBD, on the harbour and most of all the announcement that much of Sydneys shipping is to be diverted to Newcastle and Wollongong will bring a lot more jobs into the area.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I nominate Ipswich and Queensland in general. This is according to an investor who I heard speak last night, with 30 poperties, a lot of which are in q’land. who has heavily researched the area as to population, employment, and growth for the next years as far as 2020 and 2050, and it’s huge.

Oh also, Darwin, more infrastructure going in.

Profile photo of ez-rentez-rent
    @ez-rent

Well, since WA is a little more subdued..

I think that Kewdale in Perth has great potential. There is no other suburb that close to Perth CBD at its price. Large, developer friendly blocks, straight onto Orong Road and the Graham Farmer Fwy makes it a bit over 5 mins into the City.

I see it having the same kind of transformation hat Bentley has..

[email protected]

EZ-Rent. The free tax and cashflow simulator for Australian property investors.
    http://www.ez-rent.com

Profile photo of 50mill50mill
    Participant
    @50mill

my own due diligence, which is no where near perfect, points to the Qld area steadily moving ahead. There is a buzz in the air up here. Inferstructure is being developed in places like Townsville etc. I’m here on the sunshine coast, and locals reckon the place is crying out for more services, roads etc. In 5 years the popn will be huge here! But I dont see any main industry but tourism. This is excluding the Brisbane factor ofcourse.

tycoon..

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

I agree 100%, i seen it happen here in Adelaide, and i was thinking that recently with all the bad publicity Redfern has had latley, the govt will clean it up now , its just a matter of time.

Originally posted by alpina:

i think this is a great suggestion pisces.

my crystal balling is in redfern. i suspect that the govt will be under increasing pressure to clean the place up. the fact that they have already moved south sydney council to the TNT building in the heart of all the trouble is their first step in this direction.

i suspect “redfern east” (so great streets here with prices to match) will be absorbed into moore park moving forward as “redfern east” does not really exist! with the clean up of redfern will come increasing values in neighbouring suburbs with surry hills being a big winner as its already coming off a high base.

there is my 2 cents worth :)

julie

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce

My gold standard is to look for where the jobs are going in the future. In Brisbane, that means near the airport, as it is the last vacant land in Brisbane City and the council has earmarked it for future commercial dev’t. Suburbs nearby will benefit from increased demand. Am not saying which as I am looking there at the moment.

My other view is that many wise investors cashed up last year selling a proportion of their IPs. They are sticking the cash into many things, including trading up to a better located PPOR. Hence I think cg near city waterside burbs will be firmer than many landlocked burbs.

As for road works, brisbane is going to have a new underground road within the next 5 years. I don’t know the details but it should be on the BCC website. A 3 year old tunnel has helped gateway traffic off Kingsford Smith Dve get easier access to the inner western burbs.

My personal preference in Brisbane is to stay near the Gateway Arterial road on the north side of the river. The northside is older than the south, and underpriced cf the south. It provides excellent access to both coasts, both sides of town, and into the city via Kingsford Smith Drive. There is a trainline close to most of these burbs as well.

Closer in, Teneriffe and Newstead are undergoing a lot of beautification along the riverfront and I think growth will be good there, though it is mainly apartments. There is a lot of commercial there currently but warehouses are being converted into apartments already. The area is close to irrepressible New Farm, and a hop and skip onto the gateway or city. A network of bicycle trails along the river should allow residents to cycle all the way to the city eventually. THe citycat water transport service is proving very popular too.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

what about what they call the ‘growth corridor’ in Qland? These investors the other night brought with them to show everyone a town planning thingie with areas marked in different colours where the jobs are going to be etc. that was a revelation.
    i think when hoping for CG that’s a really good idea for research.

Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

G’day Mini,

By “Growth Corridor” do you mean
    Beenleigh, Logan, Woodridge & Springwood? I’ve heard views that its just a matter of time before Brisbane and the Gold Coast will “joined”

Interesting times ahead…….

Cheers,

Battz

Profile photo of bigbenbigben
    Participant
    @bigben

Gday,
    Well as Mortgage Hunter said i believe that in Newcastlethere are still some hot sites:
    1/ Tighes Hill-Suburb is still seen as working class and it was apparently really bad for drugs and the like but now all the locals say how fantastic it is and others still see it 20 years ago. It will continue to grow!
    2/ Carrington- as Mortgage said close to city but it does have heavy industry all over so it is not my No1 Pick
    3/If you want to gamble then Islington as it still has prostitutes and i think that it is the last place that they can go so maybe they will be there for a bit longer before eventually it will be cleaned up cause you cannot have $3-400k houses with hookers out the front[:D]

I do believe that other areas in Newcastle will also continue to grow but i just think that the 3 mentoned have more growth potential.

There i have said all i need to say
    WHAT A GREAT IDEA FOR A THREAD

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.