All Topics / General Property / 2004 Sydney Property Guide

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Was going to post this the other day… but forgot

If you dont know or missed out, just the Sunday gone in “The Sun-Herald” it had 2004 Sydney Property Guide.

An A-Z of more than 700 suburbs and –

• Top houses and unit sales in your area
    • How your suburb will peform this year
    • And many more…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of NEWGENNEWGEN
    Participant
    @newgen

Darn.. I wonder if it’s possible to get back issues? Does anyone have any info on Roselands? 2196.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Newgen,

Info on Roselands

Median 2002—- 2003—- — Rank Change Trend
    Houses $385,000 $498,000 — 315 – 29.2% 9.8%
    Unit – $210,000 $225,000 — 338 – 7.1% 5.9%

2004 Projection
    Houese will increase by 2-6%
    Units 0% or less increase

If you look in the guide… i tell you whats really cool about it is their checklist that they have given and provided free.

Its got information on –

– sellers’ checklist
    – buyers’ checklist
    – choosing an agent
    – setting the sale price

this years edition is much more improvement than last years one…

Cheers,
    sis

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi SIS

love how those guys make predictions, from what i’ve seen in the past those guys have no idea. Neither do i by the way but at least i don’t claim to know.[:p]

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Yes SIS I’ve got it and it’s great, except now I know that my suburb is not going to perform well this year[8] and [V] and [:p] and also [:(].
    I’ll just wait and see if these people are gonna be right.
    This is the 3rd time they have done this report, did anyone buy it last year or the year before and checked if the projections were correct?
    Oh, Westan, you mention that they have no idea. Was this opinion based on last year’s guide?

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Does anyone know if there is going to be a Melbourne Property Guide? I thought I recall seeing that the Age was going to do something similar.

James

Profile photo of alpinaalpina
    Participant
    @alpina

can somebody explain to me how the “rank” works in that report? for eg, if a suburb is ranked 200, what does that mean?

thanks,

julie

@still-in-school

Hi alpina,

how the rank work is, if the number is closer to 1… well its the best of all properties, while as the numbers get closer to 700 they are at the very bottom of the list.

Cheers,
    sis

@still-in-school

Hi Celivia,

dont feel to bad because the suburb might not peform, these are only projections… and equilbrum of trends… things can turn the other way round and the suburb could peform and be completly outstanding.

by the way, still got last years copy, read once and then was no longer interested…. 4 words “Sydney is to expensive”

now…. (im understanding why)

im starting to look at it more and the figures are seeming but appearing now more realistic, after understanding why some areas of Sydney are just crazy in price.

Cheers,
    sis

Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian

Hi sis,
    i got both 2004 Sydney Property Guide form The Sun-Herald inc.700 suburbs and Property Guide 2004 form Sunday Telegraph inc.660 sububs, But the information is much different, say:( the 1st)House of ABBOTSBURY, 5 year trend The Sydey is quoted 9.9%, and the Telegaph is quoted is 15.6%
    How come it can happen a big diferrence?

Regards
    Julian

THERE IS ALWAYS A BETTER WAY!

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

That IS a big difference! May be Westan is right and these people have no idea what they’re doing.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I’ve got a client who about a year and a half ago bought a 1 bedroom apartment in William st, Sydney.

His reason ?

He expects that the new Sydney tunnel presently under construction will turn William st, Sydney into a Champs d’Elyse type of parade after most (all ?) of the traffic gets diverted away from street level into the proposed tunnel (now under construction).

As it is a publication titled property.com.au landed in my email box this morning talking about the same project and suggesting that in four of the adjoining suburbs prices will dramatically improve because of that project.

The reason for my post ?

To draw attention to the fact that things, which are happening all around us, can and do influence prices and that by keeping an eye out and an open mind we can
    discover these opportunities well before the bandwagon effect has started.

Someone here (cannot remember who) has as his/her motto ‘Lead (etc)’ which isn’t a bad motto to live by.

Pisces

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I’ve got a client who about a year and a half ago bought a 1 bedroom apartment in William st, Sydney.

His reason ?

He expects that the new Sydney tunnel presently under construction will turn William st, Sydney into a Champs d’Elyse type of parade after most (all ?) of the traffic gets diverted away from street level into the proposed tunnel.

As it is, a publication titled property.com.au landed in my email box this morning talking about the same project and suggesting that in four of the adjoining suburbs prices will dramatically improve because of that project.

The reason for my post ?

To draw attention to the fact that things, which are happening all around us, can and do influence prices and that by keeping an eye out and an open mind we can
    discover these opportunities well before the bandwagon effect has started.

Someone here (cannot remember who) has as his/her motto ‘Lead (etc)’ which isn’t a bad motto to live by.

Pisces

@still-in-school

Hi Julian,

you could be right about the inaccuratcy of the 2 newspapers. In the Property Guide 2004 from the Sunday Telegraph, what date and issue is that…

… would love to get a copy of that, and compare the two, but be able to use both as accurate measuring points, if they are very similar.

Cheers,
    sis

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Dolf de Roos says that whatever is the number one suburb last year isn’t going to be number 678 next year. Property trends are nice and slow enough for people to pick up.
    I.e. Manly, where is manly on the list these days SIS? Manly I remember being the number one a couple of years ago.

@still-in-school

Hi Mini,

Info on Manly

Median 2002—- 2003—- — Rank Change Trend
    Houses $993,000 $1215,000 — 28 – 22.4% 16.3%
    Unit – $576,000 $675,000 — 10 – 17.2% 11.8%

2004 Projection
    Houese will increase by 8-12%
    Units will increase by 6-10%

Cheers,
    sis

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

Celivia, just relax. I didn’t see the SunHerald one (I was in the Kiama area on Sunday and they didn’t put it in the regional papers).

But the Sunday Terror had our area as they had most of SW, W and NW Sydney. Not too much science was evident.

It’s all predictions. We’ve, at least, got the M5 improving access and the corridor along that will make some difference…

Profile photo of wannabe2wannabe2
    @wannabe2

does anyone know how wilton 2571 will perform this year,i live here and am wondering how the labour partys idea with the second sydney airport will affect prices? not that i think it will ever get built here but other people might.[xx(]

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.